• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Embossed flight plates

Alexplz

Double Eagle Member
Wasn't sure if it was better to ask this in the "New Innova Stuff" thread. Oh well.

It would seem that every newish piece of Innova plastic I've seen lately is no longer penned, but rather sports the name of the mold embossed in caps under the flight plate.

So, the what are the ramifications of this? Did they go and engrave all their top mold parts? Or did they have to order a bunch of new top parts? The latter option seems incredibly expensive, unless they're started to machine in-house.

Furthermore, we all know that run to run and mold to mold discs have changed wildly over the years. If they ordered a bunch of new top parts, how is this anticipated to impact the flight of the molds? I know for example when comparing a penned vs embossed thunderbird the other day, they looked like different top parts altogether (admittedly, the penned consisted of older, fairly stiff driver pro, whereas the embossed was the extremely tacky, flexy pro of late... the difference in shape and PLH could easily be explained by any number of things aside from a different/new top part.)

not all new discs

The first run AviarX3 and the factory second AviarX3 I just received the other day are both penned.

I have gotten some DX Studs mid January 2018 that have the deep groove in of the stamp like you guys are talking, sounds like a branding tool for the stamp now.

The DX Studs 175 grams are for my brother who wanted a Putter version of the beat up DX Gator he uses to putt with. I think once the DX Stud brakes in it will fly like the beet DX Gator he has but slower like a faster putter very slow midrange speed. I got lucky online and found one that was yellow with a blue stamp like the beet up DX gator he used for putting, the other is just blue with green stamp.

Latest posts