• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Endless Winter...sucks

I am glad it's going to be cool in GA and SC for our trip next week. It's already been summer for us down here. My A/C has already been running this morning. (Endless summer sucks too).

I was on spring break last week enjoying Hilton Head Island. Was dorking around at the First Tee of the Lowcountry, enjoying the spectacular weather, when I noticed a 6' long gator sunning itself by their pond.

We don't have alligators in Michigan. That's why I'm okay with my seasons.

*imagines Vicksburg Recreation Area with alligators*

The forecast has literally been changing every two hours.:confused: Looks like the worst is going south of me for now, but Sunday still looks bad, 8-12 inches.

Well, realistically, the forecast does change often.

"Originally" is vague, but that was from maybe 1.5 to 2 weeks ago. The storm has apparently drifted away from the LS arrowhead.

I play all winter long but this is getting to a point of exhaustion. Weather is gonna be atrocious this weekend. 25 mph winds, 5-8" of snow, Wind, Ice, Rainy Ice Snow - Just Hell - I've had wicked cabin fever and am about to lose my mind since I haven't been able to play over the last month (and it's APRIL!!!!!) Not because of weather but I've actually been busy and now this weekend I was gonna plan a full day out.....but.....nope.

Well you do live in Minnesota so there's that.

The only real problem with the return on the snow in MN is the amount forecasted, if it sticks it presents the problem of losing discs. If I were a bit brighter I wouldn't throw in the winter since that's the only season I loose discs.

There is also the bonus of water hazards not being a thing!

I like playing winter golf, but 25 mph sleet and snow and rain and sub-freezing temps - just sucks, and I get it if it were January, but dude.....It's almost May....wtf

Got into the 80s here in Ohio today. I put in four hours before work.

And we're supposed to get snow flurries Monday and Tuesday.

Lame

Crappy weather delaying my course work of super heavy bench build and installation. Admittedly I have been using the sporadic and infrequent nice days for play.

However, winter has had a flurry of activity locally. Walnut Ridge in Johnston (solidly a 4.5, Corps of Engineers park) opened gates a month earlier than normal. Ewing in Des Moines (big arm bomber through a hilly aging arboretum) getting big love from the city doing a needed cull of aged out and damaged trees that will see benefits for a long time. New fancy baskets at Big Creek in Polk City, Lewis in Colfax, and Grandview in Des Moines transplanting lots of baskets into the community. Confident a new course announcement coming at any time.

So, not so bad a winter really.

Crappy weather delaying my course work of super heavy bench build and installation. Admittedly I have been using the sporadic and infrequent nice days for play.

However, winter has had a flurry of activity locally. Walnut Ridge in Johnston (solidly a 4.5, Corps of Engineers park) opened gates a month earlier than normal. Ewing in Des Moines (big arm bomber through a hilly aging arboretum) getting big love from the city doing a needed cull of aged out and damaged trees that will see benefits for a long time. New fancy baskets at Big Creek in Polk City, Lewis in Colfax, and Grandview in Des Moines transplanting lots of baskets into the community. Confident a new course announcement coming at any time.

So, not so bad a winter really.

I played big Creek for first time in about 20 years (which then was one of my first and worst experiences of disc golf 100 degrees and lots of tall brush that I was in on every hole...) This time I really enjoyed it. In addition to the new baskets, has a lot of work been done to knock down the brush since then or is it a matter of playing in winter vs summer?

Is your confidence about newcourse announcement rooted in insider knowledge?

Start a local putting league. That'll scratch that itch............:hfive:

we had those throughout actual winter....its Mid April and we have over a foot of snow haha, itll be funny to see MAy as warm weather but still snow on the ground

Latest posts