• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ergo & Grip A series SiZe ?

Jamnjoshua

Bogey Member
hi all, I looked through the forums for a while and couldn't find the answer to my question.

Which bag (ergo & grip) has more comfortable disc space and storage space?

I found the size of the grip online, but not the ergo. I would guess the grip is larger. but I wanted to ask to be sure. anyways I m sure there will be a few good responses! Thanks!

I've had both. Ergo has more storage space, and the disc capacity is similar. You can maybe fit one or two more in the Grip, but way more stuff in the Ergo.

I just got in an A-Series today, and it is holding everything that my FADE Tourney held with a ridiculous amount of space left over. I imagine I could also fit my wallet, keys, and phone in there along with one of my Under Armour hoodies and possibly something else without filling it completely full. I am quite impressed with the amount of space in the bag.

I have the "A" and the 1st Ergo. Grip wins hands down in disc # and storage. However, if you stack the discs on their side and just use the top 2 to 3 sleeves in the Ergo. You can fit more discs than the Grip, but then you have even less storage since puting the discs in this way will wipe out the storage under the bag.
Plus the Grip is built a bit better, well, more than a bit. Once again though, I have the 1st Ergo.

Thanks for the responses so far. Anyone know which bag is the 'larger' bag? Also anyone know the weight difference?

The Grip L-Series has less storage & has a lower disc capacity than the A-Series. The Ergo holds more discs than both Grip bags. The Grip is designed better & is more durable IMO. The weight difference really depends on how many discs & extra stuff your carrying. The Ergo & Grip use different approaches when it comes to disc storage. The Ergo holds discs almost perpendicular to the ground on a slight angle, this style allows the bag to feel lighter than traditional disc carrying methods. The Ergo can also carry discs in a more traditional manner if you want to near the bottom of the bag (sideways) but then it holds less discs & feels heavier. The Grip bags use more of a traditional disc carrying method but has improved on it to keep the weight closer to the center of your body than outwards like disc bags with back straps. If both bags are fully loaded they are about the same weight but I'd say the Grip is better than the Ergo. No matter what bag you get they're both great, in the top 5 bags on the market today.

Last edited:
*CHANTING FROM THE SKIES ABOVE CAN BE HEARD ECHOING THROUGHOUT THE LAND*

GRIP! GRIP! GRIP! GRIP! GRIP!

Thanks for the responses so far. Anyone know which bag is the 'larger' bag? Also anyone know the weight difference?

I think the Grip is larger, at least width-wise. They are comparable in weight, with a slight edge to the Ergo being a little lighter.

I am selling an Ergo, PM me if you're interested. Can't go wrong with either bag, just depends on your needs. Sounds like the A series Grip is a good improvement over the L.

Latest posts