• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Eric McCabe 2014 In The Bag

I enjoyed that in the bag. I throw allot of Swedish plastic along with whatever else I damn well choose. But EMac is a great spokesperson for those 3 companies.

You notice all most all those discs are new, he either stated they are new or they looked like they had no wear. It's not like he has first runs from years ago, that's kind of a good sign that the plastic and molds are good out of the box right? You can watch innova sponsored players ITB and they always have 11x tee birds and firebirds and old beat up rocs. Just an observation.

Apparently, mold minimalism doesn't sell discs as well as saying you throw everything. I'm a little sceptic that he's throwing that same bag at a big tourney. Nice informative video though.

Of course he is reppin' his companies newest discs just like feldberg did and mcbeth did in their most recent itb's. But its still a business, and i feel like all of the pros handle it well with probably zero coaching. As someone else mentioned, you can easily tell the discs they truly covet. It was easy for me to tell that he absolutely relies on the giant and only likes throwing the enforcer occasionally, but because he is DD, of course his itb seems to state otherwise.

I love throwing the discs I personally love and not the ones I am told to love.

I love throwing the discs I personally love and not the ones I am told to love.

Youre also not getting paid to do a quick 10 minute video showcasing all the neat plastic you didnt have to buy. I doubt he is forced to throw anything he doesnt actually jive with. They want him to win too.

Sponsorship or not, if I had free reign of the warehouse like McCabe did, I'd probably have one of everything in tthe bag too. I also noticed a ton of overlap in his distance drivers, but from the tourney footage I've seen he throws the Giant, Truth and Mercy for most of his shots anyway.

Plus, McCabe is one of the true "nice guys" in the disc golf world, so you can't harsh on him too much. He's done a lot for the DD brand the last two years.

Eric and I talk and text more than most people know and he said he actually still throws a lot of DC molds but with latitude stamps that's why his ITB was just full of random discs.

EMac seems like a good guy. Maybe we should discuss the video now.

2 TP Giants
2 Decodye/VIP Kings
1 Lucid Tresspass
2 TP/VIP World
1 Lucid Enforcer
1 GL Havoc
1 Decodye Saint Pro
1 Opto Saint
1 Lucid Escape
1 Lucid? Felon

1 VIP Harp
1 Hybrid Verdict
3 Hybrid/Lucid Truth

1 Zero Medium Sinus
1 BT Med Shield

2 Zero Hard Mercy

22 by my count across 16 molds. Is EMac becoming Feldberg now that he's got a bigger candy store at his disposal, or was he like this with Discraft?

EMac seems like a good guy. Maybe we should discuss the video now.

2 TP Giants
2 Decodye/VIP Kings
1 Lucid Tresspass
2 TP/VIP World
1 Lucid Enforcer
1 GL Havoc
1 Decodye Saint Pro
1 Opto Saint
1 Lucid Escape
1 Lucid? Felon

1 VIP Harp
1 Hybrid Verdict
3 Hybrid/Lucid Truth

1 Zero Medium Sinus
1 BT Med Shield

2 Zero Hard Mercy

22 by my count across 16 molds. Is EMac becoming Feldberg now that he's got a bigger candy store at his disposal, or was he like this with Discraft?

Agreed and this also seems to be a trend with Trilogy throwers. Throwing literally everything in the lineup. I think with DC he was throwing Forces, Surges, Preds, Buzzz (duh), Meteor, Banger, Chally.

I want to say in other ITBs there was a Nuke, Buzzz SS and Ti Wasps.

*And no way he's stamping discs, that's a Prodigy thing.

I wouldnt doubt the presence of a discraft disc or two in his bag with DD stamps. My friend whos been playing for 2 months has MVP discs with DD stamps on them...as i said before, Dynamic Discs wants nothing more than him to win big, and win big a lot, so why not accomodate him a little?

I guess it´s just the fact that the three companies are bringing out new discs so rapidly. I am betting that it´s going to take at least another full season for guys like Feldberg or Mccabe to fully find their discs of choice and then stick with them longterm.

Side-note: DD has always been a Company selling all kinds of different discs, from Innove to discraft and now of course their own stuff. Does anyone of us know the Sponsoring contract Eric signed with them?...i guess no.

Btothej89...great point.

I see it that DD, Lat64 nor Westside have a truly full line - up a la Innova and Discraft. That makes it hard for the players. Sure, they get to combine the lines in their bags but that requires a ton of trial and error.

Emac never threw any fairway drivers when he was with Discraft. I remember talking to him at Bowling green at the DD truck and he talked about how they were uncomfortable in his hand. I wonder why that changed when he went to DD.

Emac never threw any fairway drivers when he was with Discraft. I remember talking to him at Bowling green at the DD truck and he talked about how they were uncomfortable in his hand. I wonder why that changed when he went to DD.

The Saint and Escape don't feel like true fairway drivers to me. They kind of straddle the line between fairway and distance.

Eric and I talk and text more than most people know and he said he actually still throws a lot of DC molds but with latitude stamps that's why his ITB was just full of random discs.

First off "Aim For The Chains" I have NO clue who you even are...and to come out and LIE that I "text" you is ridiculous! I'm fully committed to DD/Lat/WS

#TrollsGonnaTroll

Eric-- In all seriousness most of those posts were made in fun and wouldn't spend much time responding directly. It does appear you have a lot more molds than ever before though. Is that just a result of having so many new discs to try as well as models being released? Do you have an "optimal" setup for tournaments or does it switch given the courses/conditions etc?

You are one of the few pros in the sport I think ANYONE here would love to throw a round with and appreciates what you do for the game. Keep up the great work and look forward to the future DG answer man vids and any other tips/info you put out.

Latest posts