• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

esp zone?

Fast, overstable, low profile, and small diameter. Upshot reliability, superb for drives.

I use mine a lot where I would usually use the Wasp or overwork the Challenger.

Also my disc of choice for approach flicks.

I've found the ESP zone to be super skippy, at least more so than other putter upshots. I like flick approaches with my zone as well, and <300 ft drives.

D-craft says the esp zones are being released in regular production.

Anyone putting with zones? the low profile has me interested.

seems like it would be like putting with a drone or demon (stability-wise). The top is dead flat - weird to feel. I didn't throw it, just held it and saw it thrown a few times by the player. Interesting disc for sure, although nothing I'd throw out to put it in.

So it's more of a mid range than a putter? I'm not looking to replace my challengers. Just curious.

a couple of the guys on the d-craft site say they are putting with it. It looks like an overstable xd to me.

I played with Chris Hysell, he was throwing it sidearm with lots of anhyzer for some glide-type shots. He puts with soft magnets, so he won't use it for putting.

I don't know anyone that putts with the Zone, but I know a couple people that use it quite successfully as a skip/hyzer approach disc.

The ESP ones are a little flippier than new D ones, from what I hear.

Mike Jo putts with it and I was using one at worlds on uphill putts since I always miss low and/or right.

i like the feel of the zones, overstable and beadless

Not a bad disc, its not quite a putter and not quite a mid (granted I only have a D-zone but I assume they're pretty much the same). Not good enough to make into the bag, I'll stick with a drone and wizard.

mzuleger said:
Not a bad disc, its not quite a putter and not quite a mid (granted I only have a D-zone but I assume they're pretty much the same). Not good enough to make into the bag, I'll stick with a drone and wizard.

Ditto. Drone does everything the zone does and a wizard feels much better for putting. I putt with a drone when I need an overstable putter

I could not find this disc anywhere...finally i found a couple esp zones at sunkingdiscs.com and ordered a 172 orange one...it should arrive in a few days. im expecting it to be similar to the pro d zone(which i have two aces with!) but in way better plastic. All in all, I likes me a zone!! :D

I cant wait to get one of these!

The D Zone was one of the best discs I've ever thrown. I didnt buy one when they had the black protos at BG Ams because it was a putter and IMO nothing beats a Wizard, but when I tried out a friends and used it as a midrange...WOW! Stable and accurate, and I was throwing it in a 15-20mph crosswind.

I picked up a 173-174 Pro D Zone yesterday and played a P&P with it. I smacked chains from 100+ a couple of times. Pretty useful disk. REminds me of the Gator, but I throw it better than I throw the Gator.

I wonder how it will break in, and if it might become more useful as a putter after a month or two of upshots.