• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Europe trip

simpletwist

* Ace Member *
We are planning a trip to Amsterdam this October. It's our 2nd time there. But this time we want to include at least one round. Unfortunately there are no courses in Amsterdam. But the Netherlands has 5 course and Belgium has 2. We are taking a side trip to Belgium as well.

Anyone ever play any of these courses? Any recommendations?

europe

http://www.frisbeesport.nl/web/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=58&Itemid=247

the link above will give you some info. about the netherlands. only two permanent courses available, one in rotterdam, which is closest to amsterdam. arthur haverkamp was known to organize and run tournaments there. i think you can find him on the pdga website. otherwise maybe you should think about going to germany? france seems to be picking up the game too.
good luck.

Netherlands

we actually have a bunch of courses in the netherlands but they are on outdoor sports centres(pay to play) and to be honest, I have no clue how many are out there.
Close to my house is one.5/6 holes, free, small, lots of vegatation, I sometimes go there to work on my skill shots or do some putting. I also had the most aces there when it still was a course(10 baskets).

We also have an object course(lampposts) in a beautiful park in the centre. That is where I learned the game...putting on lampposts....:)

There is an easy 9 holes/baskets course in Nieuwegein(close to Utrecht).got the course record there of -8 with a roc and a putter :D

Another 5 hole course in IJsselstein.way short but Mike O'Con lives close by and this man is a dg legend over here.

There is a new course in Tilburg on the university grounds I think.
One guy played there and he said it wasn't really a challenge....

The course in Rotterdam is by far the best. 18 holes, 15 baskets(3 holes are played on the same basket), some tight shots in the trees,some water,some open,flat and windy :eek:
And hole #17 is the weirdest/coolest/discin' killer hole in the world(as far as I know).

Give me a call when you are in A'dam or come over and stay at my place for some time(if we click that is ;)
010-456 8123

Latest posts