• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Everyones starting from somewhere... Help critiquing my newb form

t4nkd

Hey all, I've been working on getting into disc golf a little more seriously after a long hiatus following several months playing back in 2010. I'm having a lot of fun, but the new information I'm reading about form has me working from scratch to get things right.

I realize my form is pretty bad, I think I can see a lot of issues myself but I would prefer to hear the opinions of more educated people, so, here I am.

Something important to note before you get started: I'm a righty thrower, always have been, but (1) I really messed up my right shoulder throwing a few days ago, and it still hurts a bit. And (2) my footwork throwing left handed feels way more natural, and I have less of a problem (I think) executing on it.

So, please all, feel free to take a look and if possible, some tips on how I can start fixing my form. For reference, I'm throwing a VIP Westside Tursas and the throw probably landed a little further than 150 feet. It skyed pretty hard (as you might have guessed by the angle of the disc across my chest).

Thanks in advance!

Video: https://www.coachseye.com/v/HRhR

Major curling/rounding in the reachback. You need to extend your arm straight back(also turn your body further back/plant more closed), so your body is not in the way of the disc from it's furthest point in reachback swinging to the target in a straight line. Also need to plant into the front heel from behind.

Latest posts