• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] EXP-X

Depends. If you are looking for 1.7 flat, they are not that. So far as EXP 1's go, they have dome. It's not huge dome, they don't drum or anything. I'm not unhappy with them, they fly like I want them to. My arm is broken, though. I can throw hyzers with a Wedge. :(

tl;dr: I'm no help.

I also have no idea what the difference between the EXP 1 mold and this EXP X mold is. I think when they ran those EXP L's they just forgot how to make EXP 1's.

I feel like if I buy one of these, Infinitediscs is going to make a FAF Banshee called the Scarab or something. :\

I feel like if I buy one of these, Infinitediscs is going to make a FAF Banshee called the Scarab or something. :\
You need to get one. I mean, it's pearly Luster Quantum plastic. :|

I had someone get all chatty with me about the plastic Monday, which I had not noticed anything special about. I had to fake my way through it. I find those conversations funny.

Random dude: The plastic is great. It's like the good old Champ plastic.

Me: I throw it at trees. :|

Bonus points when the dude isn't old enough to have been playing disc golf when Innova made the supposedly "good" Champion plastic. Anyway, I stared at it for a long time. I held it in my hand, closed my eyes and concentrated on the feel. It's plastic. :|

Well, I guess your master salesman skills worked, I ordered one. So the next run of Banshees should be nice and flat. :|

I started a "Jolly Launcher Banshee" thread in like 2014...good luck with that:D

^Not sure if typical OS joke, or observation of my bag. Either way,

meftV0q.gif

It's a conspiracy to make us throw Firebirds like everybody else. :\

Eff that. I'll just throw a MOAB until hyzerbomb runs out of business and I can't get those anymore either.

*Refuses to throw Firebirds for no particular reason at all*

1st couple of rounds with the EXP-X (I keep wanting to call it the MXPX) and so far it's definitely passing the flat Banshee test. I only gave it a couple of actual air shots b/c I was playing a shorter wooded course but more importantly it FH rolls really well.

Thanks for maybe making a flat Banshee again, sort of, Innova. :\

Does it feel and look like one? I would assume yes

Does it feel and look like one? I would assume yes

Feels and looks with some subtle differences:

TnGi5Km.jpg

pre flight number opaque Champ Banshee on the left, QEXP-X on the right.

Notice the EXP-X has more of the Eagle X beak on the nose and a little wider nose too. :thmbup: Both are fairly flat, just a rise of shoulder before the flatness. The EXP-X actually has a mini bead of flashing on the bottom of the nose which makes it look more X-moldish.

Loving this so far. It's like my flat Champ Banshee is still in my bag and in a color I can actually find against brown leaves. I guess in Millennium terms it reminds me of a slower, less glidey QOLF. It's stout but not stupidly beefy which is what I love about Banshees.

Loving this so far. It's like my flat Champ Banshee is still in my bag and in a color I can actually find against brown leaves. I guess in Millennium terms it reminds me of a slower, less glidey QOLF. It's stout but not stupidly beefy which is what I love about Banshees.

Well, still loving it and did it make the bag?

Just got one in the mail yesterday, going to take it out today and put it up against a new Champ Eagle-X, G* Firebird and a Couple of Banshees.

If I could just get a Champ Banshee that didn't have a plussed out rim, I wouldn't have to go through this nonsense!:doh:

Well, still loving it and did it make the bag?

Just got one in the mail yesterday, going to take it out today and put it up against a new Champ Eagle-X, G* Firebird and a Couple of Banshees.

If I could just get a Champ Banshee that didn't have a plussed out rim, I wouldn't have to go through this nonsense!:doh:

Yes, it is bagged and shall remain that way at least until Winter b/c my Banshee is the same color as autumn leaves. It's saved me a lot of strokes via get out of jail thumbers and FH rollers. I haven't thrown it for conventional shots much except for the occasional flex flick b/c I have a glass clear pink Champ Eagle X that is a mini FB and I've been opting for it for a lot of wind and spike hyzers, etc, to see if it will break in some. But the EXP-X has been an excellent utility disc so far.

I have a couple old 1.6 and 1.7 runs in the bag along with a first run EXP-X in Quantum/Luster. The newer run is the most overstable in my bag. I sanded down the flashing underneath because it messed with my grip on sidearms.

I emailed Innova and Millennium about the mold after the Nick Hyde Memorial release came out with the Eagle-L rim. A rep from Innova insisted that the original mold had the L mold rim which I know is not true. Except the Sirius and Nick Hyde runs. Now they act like the X rim is something new. New only because it is now offered in Quantum. :D

I have a couple old 1.6 and 1.7 runs in the bag along with a first run EXP-X in Quantum/Luster. The newer run is the most overstable in my bag. I sanded down the flashing underneath because it messed with my grip on sidearms.

I emailed Innova and Millennium about the mold after the Nick Hyde Memorial release came out with the Eagle-L rim. A rep from Innova insisted that the original mold had the L mold rim which I know is not true. Except the Sirius and Nick Hyde runs. Now they act like the X rim is something new. New only because it is now offered in Quantum. :D
I emailed Innova about that, the guy that responded said the EXP-1 used the Eagle L wing. I responded that the Eagle L wing was designed when CE came out around 2001-ish, and the EXP-1 had already been in production for 2 1/2 years by then. So how exactly did the EL wing get on a disc before it existed? I never got a reply. Innova just forgot how to make the disc. I've gone back to calling these EXP 1's, because that's what they are.

Yes, it is bagged and shall remain that way at least until Winter b/c my Banshee is the same color as autumn leaves. It's saved me a lot of strokes via get out of jail thumbers and FH rollers. I haven't thrown it for conventional shots much except for the occasional flex flick b/c I have a glass clear pink Champ Eagle X that is a mini FB and I've been opting for it for a lot of wind and spike hyzers, etc, to see if it will break in some. But the EXP-X has been an excellent utility disc so far.
Really if you already liked Banshees but can't find a good one, these are a no-brainer.

I'm stupid and throwing a Champ Viper on conventional hyzers where I should be throwing the EXP 1 to prove it. The Champ Viper isn't anywhere near the utility forehand/tommy/FH roller trick shot disc the EXP 1 is, though. I threw a grenade with the EXP 1 the other day, can't remember the last time I threw a grenade. I just came up on a pin with a bunch of little trees in front of it and thought "Grenade?" It went up and down and stuck like it should have. It's a very fun disc to have in the bag.

Latest posts