• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] EXP-X

Anyone throwing these right now? Are they good for controlled FH's where I could give it anyhyzer & it'll fight out?

Anyone throwing these right now?
I threw them the last time I played, which was March. :( They are still in my bag, regardless.
Are they good for controlled FH's where I could give it anyhyzer & it'll fight out?
No idea. I'd need a variety pack of opioid painkillers to be able to throw a FH at this point in my life. :(

I threw them the last time I played, which was March. :( They are still in my bag, regardless. No idea. I'd need a variety pack of opioid painkillers to be able to throw a FH at this point in my life. :(

Sounds good. Anyone with a functional arm throwing these right now?

Anyone throwing these right now? Are they good for controlled FH's where I could give it anyhyzer & it'll fight out?

It goes in and out of my bag depending on the course, so yeah, I still throw it.

It's basically a good Banshee without the plus rim. It will fight out of an annie forehand, but I use an Eagle-X for those shots. The Exp-X also makes a good forehand roller too.

I don't have the arm to get any real use out of a Firebird, so the EXP-X is what I use.

Sounds good. Anyone with a functional arm throwing these right now?

No but I used to be a Banshee whore and have thrown EXP1s plenty. These are very very similar and if you've ever thrown a Banshee you have a good idea of the flight here. Are you familiar with Banshees?

I've not thrown the EXP-X, but for a long time bagged an original mold Discmania c line FD2. Got a few flatter orange ones in the upper 160s that I felt were a good banshee replacement. Something shorter and slower than a firebird, and if you really hammer it rides fairly straight but still has a good fade at the end.

Only thing I didn't like about it was it felt a bit weird for me backhand, even though I primarily throw forehand. I now bag a Royal Rage in place of it, now that it's seasoned a bit shows a little high speed turn but still has a decent fade. It's a bit more comfy in the hand backhand and in color glow plastic, which is nice for glow rounds.

Still sitting on 3-4 of those original mold FD2's, no idea if people dig the flat ones or not. Some of them came out fairly domey.

No but I used to be a Banshee whore and have thrown EXP1s plenty. These are very very similar and if you've ever thrown a Banshee you have a good idea of the flight here. Are you familiar with Banshees?

I had a couple Champion Banshees 5-6 years back. They were pop-top domed & flew like Teebirds. They didn't fly 7/3/0/3. Basically I'm looking for a speed 7 Resistor.

I had a couple Champion Banshees 5-6 years back. They were pop-top domed & flew like Teebirds. They didn't fly 7/3/0/3. Basically I'm looking for a speed 7 Resistor.

Those weren't as overstable as the [older] ones I'm used to, these EXP-Xs should be a bit more overstable than the domey Banshees you had. If slightly more overstable than that (think Teebird-X) isn't beefy enough then you may need to jump to something like an XXX or Firebird. XXX is more overstable and speed 7 range, firebird is faster and more overstable.

Isn't the Resistor speed 6? What do you think you need out of a slightly faster disc?

Those weren't as overstable as the [older] ones I'm used to, these EXP-Xs should be a bit more overstable than the domey Banshees you had. If slightly more overstable than that (think Teebird-X) isn't beefy enough then you may need to jump to something like an XXX or Firebird. XXX is more overstable and speed 7 range, firebird is faster and more overstable.

Isn't the Resistor speed 6? What do you think you need out of a slightly faster disc?

A touch more distance with the same effort. Resistor is a great mold but it's got it's distance limitations.

A Teebird-X is what I'm looking for. I'm going to buy an EXP-X & report back

A touch more distance with the same effort. Resistor is a great mold but it's got it's distance limitations.

A Teebird-X is what I'm looking for. I'm going to buy an EXP-X & report back

You might be better off with a lighter Resistor. I've got a N Resistor in the mid 160s that is "a touch more distance with the same effort" for sure. The Exp-X is a wider rim but it's fairly blunt so it's not a speed demon.

You might also like a Longbowman.

You might also like a Longbowman.

The Longbowman is a very good disc. I believe it's a 9 speed. It's overstable but I don't feel like it's Firebird beefy. Nice disc.

Latitude 64 Spark is another option. They're hard to find now. But they're great overstable 7 speed discs. Like a flat Banshee.

I got my EXP-X in the mail earlier today. I was able to get some shots at a local course for a short time. Here are my initial thoughts.

1. It's a really good looking disc. Opaque yellow, nice stamp & it has a nice shape. It feels similar to other Innova speed 7's like the Banshee, Teebird & Eagle (comfortable rim). It has a dome / not flat but not a dramatic dome.

2. The flight is really similar to a freaky OS Glow Champion Teebird I have but the EXP-X wasn't as floaty. The EXP-X would keep a steady line out of my hand & it's got a hard late fade. It flew how I wanted on the FH where I was looking for a Resistor type fairway with a step up on speed & glide.

3. First impressions are good. I'm going to keep using it & see if it sticks. I'd call it a solid 7/4/0/2.5 to maybe 7/4/0/3. I'm not sure Innova isn't making a Banshee3 but this is a nice mold if that doesn't happen.

Sorry to necro the thread - I was looking for more overstable 7 speed options (something that flexed at short distances in the woods) and I came across this on Infinite discs matrix listed as the most overstable 7 speed on the chart. (That chart is pretty outdated at this point, but still can be helpful.) I found a couple perfect looking Run 1.2 Luster Quantum blue/gold stamp max weight on the PDGA store and went for it.

It is like an Eagle-X-X. Or maybe a 7 speed firebird. The rim fits perfectly in my hand, the plastic has the perfect grip, and a comfortable amount of flex. I wish all the champ plastic I have was like this.

This feels like such a sleeper disc, with Firebirds being so popular, but 9 speed rarely seeming correct for the distances it's thrown from.

Klaatu Verata Nikto!

Looking at this for a Trident replacement. Anyone tried both?

Tridents are a bit slower and a bit more overstable but I definitely think you should try one! I haven't purchased a disc in months but honestly I miss Banshees and might need to snag one myself.

I had a dead grass colored 1st run trident that was amazing. I miss that thing. Banshees/ exps are close. You might also look into a resistor and I think the latitude glory is is a 6 or 7 speed overstable disc. I haven't tried either a resistor or glory, but they're probably easier to come by than an exp or banshee.

Tridents are a bit slower and a bit more overstable but I definitely think you should try one! I haven't purchased a disc in months but honestly I miss Banshees and might need to snag one myself.
If he was digging up old EXP-1's they would totally be faster and less beefy, but the EXP-X to me is slower and pretty uselessly beefy. They are beefier than my Champ Banshee but I'm not sure if that isn't a weight/wear issue; comparing a beat 14-year-old 168g Champ Banshee to a fresh 175g Q EXP-X can be a garbage in/garbage out exercise.

Thanks for the solicited feedback guys! This sounds like worth trying.

I'll post a comparison (against the 1 Opto Trident I still have) in case anyone is interested.

I swear I'm not actively trying to consolidate my bag around Millennium. I think the Glory is at least as good an option to try, but it's only in Royal and I'm balking at buying 5 @ ~$30ea.

The Resistor also looks really good. That'll be next if the EXP-X doesnt hit the spot.

Thanks again for the suggestions and EXP-X experience!

If he was digging up old EXP-1's they would totally be faster and less beefy, but the EXP-X to me is slower and pretty uselessly beefy. They are beefier than my Champ Banshee but I'm not sure if that isn't a weight/wear issue; comparing a beat 14-year-old 168g Champ Banshee to a fresh 175g Q EXP-X can be a garbage in/garbage out exercise.
I picked up a fresh Champ Banshee so I threw a new 175 Champ Banshee against a 175 Q EXP-X; the EXP-X is startlingly overstable in comparison to a Champ Banshee. I don't know exactly what they did to these things, but if you want a ridiculously overstable 7 speed the EXP-X is right there.

I threw EXP-1's and Banshees because they were NOT ridiculously overstable like Whippets. They were predictable beef but workable. These EXP-X are not.

tl;dr: watch for my for selling thread in the marketplace if you want an EXP-X. :\

Latest posts