• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] EXP1

I was innitailly bummed when i found out these qs are L mold, but they are wonderful! Fly really similar to 1.6/1.7 exp1s. Maybe a little less HSS, but they fly like a dream.
I
would love to see a X mold come out for a more overstable option though(so i can kick out the firebird), and it's Innova's fault, they were told to run the x mold and apparently they don't understand what that means.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I can. It's like wandering up upon the Rosetta Stone and trying to decipher the link between this world and another galaxy far far away. A place where the intelligent beings spoke in a code that was similar to our own tongue but was clearly more of a secret order than our own modern day society.

It also conjures up distant memories of velvet die bags and monster manuals.

Moldvay+Minis.bmp

I sent an email to Innova East and West and also to Millennium explaining the bottom piece being incorrect. It will be interesting to see if they reply. I bag the CE runs of this disc, so it would be nice to have a newer run that I could use in cold weather or when losing a disc could be a possibility. The EXP1 would fill a spot that is currently missing in the Millennium lineup.

My email to Innova explained that the wing should be curved or concave and not flat. This was their response.

The Millennium EXP1 is only produced in the "L" configuration. This includes the original CE runs. The Millennium EXP1 in the X configuration would technically be the same as the INNOVA Banshee. If you are looking for a more stable EXP1, try the INNOVA Banshee in Champion plastic.

So I sent them another email trying to explain the original mold does not have a flat wing. It would be cool if someone could take a picture of an older run and the new run to compare and send it to Innova.

Thanks for the pic Quest. It would be cool if someone with a new cfr run could put up a picture of the flat L wing.

This was the second response from Innova.

To be clear, the original CE EXP1 was not produced in an X configuration. There is no doubt that the original run of CE EXP1 were very stable flyers, but it is not from an X wing. Any differences from different runs and plastics of EXP1s are simply differences in runs and materials and not from different mold configurations.

If we were to produce the EXP1 in the X configuration, it would no longer be an EXP1, but rather an INNOVA Banshee as the X or L configuration is the ONLY difference between these two discs. The Banshee uses X, the EXP1 uses L.

Hope this clears things up for you.

INNOVA Champion Discs, Inc.

"L" makes sense if it simply means 'longer' or 'less' stable but I'm curious where the wing designation "X" came from?

I believe they mentioned X configuration because my email to them mentioned it should have the eagle-x bottom not the L wing.

I believe they mentioned X configuration because my email to them mentioned it should have the eagle-x bottom not the L wing.

I meant where did "X" some from? Why didn't they call it "T" for 'traditional' or "O" for "original"?

I am really liking this Q EXP1-L already have two aces on it!

So I sent them another email trying to explain the original mold does not have a flat wing. It would be cool if someone could take a picture of an older run and the new run to compare and send it to Innova.

I'll try to do this today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 26
I just bought a standard plastic Exp1 and really like it. The wing seems to fall in between an Eagle-X an Eagle-L. Mine is from an older run (waxy feeling pro plastic) so maybe the L mold has somehow gotten straighter over the years. Either way, it is a great disc. It has the straight line glide of a teebird with the fade of an Eagle X.

Latest posts