• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Expansion=Good times

Stardoggy

**SuIciDe AnKles**
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Found out tonight that the 9 holer a half block from my house (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1336) is expanding to 18 next spring. It won't be the best course around...probably somewhere around a 3.0, but damn it's going to be nice having a course so close that I could throw my Star Teebird to the first teebox.

Found out tonight that the 9 holer a half block from my house (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1336) is expanding to 18 next spring. It won't be the best course around...probably somewhere around a 3.0, but damn it's going to be nice having a course so close that I could throw my Star Teebird to the first teebox.

NICE! Congrats!

We're not getting 9 new holes in Horicon (Birders got an additional 9 baskets on the trails poo-poo'd) but this fall we will have 18 teepads with 18 different looks at 9 baskets.

I'll take it.

:hfive:

NICE! Congrats!

We're not getting 9 new holes in Horicon (Birders got an additional 9 baskets on the trails poo-poo'd) but this fall we will have 18 teepads with 18 different looks at 9 baskets.

I'll take it.

:hfive:

My dad works at John Deere....has for about 30 years.

I grew up in Waupun and Beaver Dam. Dad still lives in BD.

Well, let's play Crystal Lake sometime when you come visit your Dad (my wife works at Benvenutos, we can grab a beer afterwards)! Or we can play WARP in Waupun! Or Plymouth! Or wherever! Too many exclamation points!!!!

I still think it's funny that we've actually met without realizing at the time that we were meeting.

Small, small, small, small world.

We had some pretty sweet holes in that other nine we laid out that included the trails. There was one especially nice elevated green (I believe it would have been hole #6). Still think you guys should try to get permission to set it up as a temp nine for a one-day event.

We had some pretty sweet holes in that other nine we laid out that included the trails. There was one especially nice elevated green (I believe it would have been hole #6). Still think you guys should try to get permission to set it up as a temp nine for a one-day event.

We might try to set that up for the Horicon Huk next year.

The birders have been particularly vocal about any use of the trails for disc golf. The sad part is that I NEVER see anyone using those trails for anything except for random people from the campground next door coming over to bike, run or *gasp* play a round of disc golf.

Well, let's play Crystal Lake sometime when you come visit your Dad (my wife works at Benvenutos, we can grab a beer afterwards)! Or we can play WARP in Waupun! Or Plymouth! Or wherever! Too many exclamation points!!!!

I still think it's funny that we've actually met without realizing at the time that we were meeting.

Small, small, small, small world.

The WARP course in Waupun is getting a major facelift right now. Fairways on 5, 6, 7, and 8 are getting a much needed expansion to hopefully lessen the number of lost discs, and get the course ready for our glow ace race next month. The improvements will make the course much more playable without dramatically changing the way the holes play, just eliminating a lot of the thorny overgrowth around the baskets. Hope you make it up to Waupun for a round or two and see how much our little work-in-progress has changed in the last couple weeks....

Keith

The WARP course in Waupun is getting a major facelift right now. Fairways on 5, 6, 7, and 8 are getting a much needed expansion to hopefully lessen the number of lost discs, and get the course ready for our glow ace race next month. The improvements will make the course much more playable without dramatically changing the way the holes play, just eliminating a lot of the thorny overgrowth around the baskets. Hope you make it up to Waupun for a round or two and see how much our little work-in-progress has changed in the last couple weeks....

Keith

Wish I could make that Glow event, but sadly, that's my daughter's 10th birthday. She IS getting into discing, so maybe next year I can get her to go with me.....

Keith,

Planning on getting up there with the boy in the next week or two. He's getting bored of the Horicon course, and I've really enjoyed the rounds I've played at WARP.

Can't wait to see the updates! :thmbup:

Be and active part of the expansion mot passive.

Be and active part of the expansion mot passive.

I'm spearheading the effort to form a club for Plymouth, to help with gathering sponsors for new tee signs, possible trap concrete teepads (it won't happen...but I can try), and trash cleanup on a consistent basis. The course probably won't be utilizing the woods like it should, and the city has already agreed to take care of all general maintenance on the new areas.

I helped to push for this expansion and have no intentions of standing by and letting everyone else do the work. I also have two kids who don't know it yet, but will be helping with some of the work!

After a storm knocked down many trees this summer at Sportsmans Hill in Clearwater, MN, we finally made some big improvements to the course. It took a few city council meetings, lots of volunteer work, and even a little money out of a couple of our own pockets but it's all worth it.

Majority of the down brush has been cleaned up and the fairways have been widened in certain areas. Several holes were made longer and will have multiple basket locations in the near future. Just this weekend we poured ten yards of cement and plan on finishing the remainder of the teepads and pins in the coming weeks.

Still lots of little things to be done, but the final product is starting to come together. Cannot describe how exciting the process has been and how much I look forward to playing it after completion.

Latest posts