• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Experience with play it again sports?

Taekwondodo

Hey,

I'm trying to get some money for some of my old discs i don't use any more. I was wondering if anyone had any experience selling discs to play it again sports. the one near me has a huge selection of discs so they must buy quite a few. what i would like to know is:

1: about how much do they buy each type of plastic for.

2: do they buy discs if they are dinged and what not.

3: will they buy discs if my info is on them, and if not will they buy them if i just black my info out with sharpie.

Any and all info is appreciated. thanks in advance.

they will buy anything. literally anything. The price is always different. it depends on the disc and the condition it's in.

The PIAS I go to locally will take just about any disc...but you only get $2 per disc no matter what codition or plastic type...

PLAY IT AGAIN SPORTS IS CRAP!!!

They only take the name brand disc that they already carry, no tournament stamp disc, etc.. etc..

Doesn't matter the disc, plastic, anything they LOW BALL you.

Put it this way...

I traded 4 disc for about 12$.

However, they do have a different selection of plastic than what you're probably use to seeing.

What ya looking to get rid of? You might be able to see some plastic on here or discaroo.com and you'll probably get a better deal than at Play It Again Sports.

What ya looking to get rid of? You might be able to see some plastic on here or discaroo.com and you'll probably get a better deal than at Play It Again Sports.

Yeah PIAS sucks, just trade those bad boys.

they gave me 6 bucks towards a new disc and would have gave me 5 for selling it, the disc was a tye dye pro wraith in like new condition. Theyll also sell your disc on consignment.

Ummm I have bought 2 tournament stamped discs from them and gotten several killer deals, including a champion worlds stamp classic roc for $12.

1.PIAS are franchises. It depends on who owns them.
2.They are actually trying to make money, hard as that is to believe.
3.they are willing to carry discs so that all you guys that buy your discs on the Internet can see what you want before you order.
4.They sell used discs for people who don't like new discs (like me), and often at great prices.
5.Disclaimer: the local PIAS just sponsored our local ACE RACE to the tune of $80.
6.I am a little conflicted that they have been know to sell friends discs that have been found.

so i went to PIAS a few hours ago to ask what they bought them for and this is what i found out.

1$ for DX

2$ for pro

3$ for champ

4$ for star

I found it odd that star sold for more than champ. it was my understanding that champ was nicer and was more expensive but that's what they said. Im sure that they would vary the price for really old plastic or special stamps or something but that was their normal buy price. I very much did not sell them anything.

I don't have a problem buying discs from them, the one in Wilmington once ordered a Champ Aero for me, they just suck at buying back discs. I once traded in 6 DX discs and got $5 dollars.

so i went to PIAS a few hours ago to ask what they bought them for and this is what i found out.

1$ for DX

2$ for pro

3$ for champ

4$ for star

I found it odd that star sold for more than champ. it was my understanding that champ was nicer and was more expensive but that's what they said. Im sure that they would vary the price for really old plastic or special stamps or something but that was their normal buy price. I very much did not sell them anything.

Post what you've got. I'll pay double what they offered if you have anything I like. :)

Yes but do they know? Is it any of their business to ask where people got them?

Ours has someone selling discs from the local courses pond and it is utter crap and the guy selling them is a douche...hell he would probably make more getting rewards than selling to PIAS. I just actually bought a dude's Boss and sold it back to him because he lost it in that pond. We met up thursday and exchanged...he was so happy to get it back and didnt care that it cost him $10 (I bought it for 8.99 total was 9.53, he gave me 10).

If people didnt sell them discs we couldn't be able to find kick ass discs for 4-6 bucks.

1$ for DX

2$ for pro

3$ for champ

4$ for star

you have star and champ confused.

Play it again will buy your good discs and resell them and they will claim they are new and charge full price after gving you $3.00 for it.

I have never sold or traded any to/with with them. I have bought some there because they always have a great selection.

However they know nothing about discs.

Our local one actually seems to have a clue. I know at least one of the guys that works there plays almost daily.

They had used DX in good to great condition, tons or new or gently used high-end plastic, and crates full of Discraft Misprints, including several discontinued Photo Glows.