• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Experience with play it again sports?

they give you more for your disc if you trade it in and buy something , their in the buisness of selling discs not BUYING them, duh.

They sell new x-out stars and champs cheaper than i can buy DX at most stores. and once you factor in shipping and selling costs(ebay,paypal) they give you about the same as the profit youd make selling your used discs online.

I don't sell any old discs. I have given some to beginers so they can try different discs. I also keep some old ones in case any girls want me to show them how to play.

I bought 3 stars for under 20 dollars cash at the Southern Pines PIAS so I guess I can't complain about em. Got star Skeeter(my putter), Max(resident meat hook), and a Starfire there. And I got an Aero that looks older than dirt for 4 skins from the same spot.

It really does depend on the store, but you'll most likely get more for them by selling your discs on the internet (such as on this forum) than selling them to PIAS. That's mainly because PIAS wants to sell them for more than they pay for them. I think PIAS is a great place to shop, but not a very good place to sell your old disc golf discs.

First of all, my local-ish Play It Again Sports has NO DISC GOLF DISCS.

Second have you tried selling stuff to us?

Third, if you go there and they give you some really low ball numbers, PM me and I'll probably toss a few extra dollars you way, and pay for shipping.

That way, we both win! (especially if you've got extra putters laying around!)

\/\/

I don't see a problem in PIAS business. I sold back a dx for $3 and they sell used dx for $4. used champions are sold for $7 or $8 so i assume they buy it for $4 or $5. its actually a good deal to buy used discs that are in good shape still. They also have good deals on new discs - I bought a new star TL for $13! the guy said there was nothing wrong with it, it was just on sale.

Can't believe nobody has said this till now;

Why don't you offer those discs for sale and trade on here to your fellow disc golfers first. What doesen't sell, then take those to Play It Again. Some of us might be looking for what you have to offer.

I went to 2 different play it agains just 20 minutes from each other and their policies and prices were different, so we can't really judge the franchise by what one manager does. Overall I am not satisfied with PIAS, but it's still better than buying discs at a Walgreens or Walmart.

The one here you get 4 for champ or star,3 for KC, 2 for dx

Our local PIAS is great the have a huge selection of new and used discs and the a guy working there has a great knowledge of most of the discs and is very helpful. It must just depend on location. They will trade if your buying something else. They will take any disc that is pdga approved and has no holes or anything making the disc illegal to play in tourneys. The deal is they will give you 1/2 of what they think they can resell for.

Play it again will buy your good discs and resell them and they will claim they are new and charge full price after gving you $3.00 for it.

If you buy a used disc from a PIAS and thinks its new, you're a freakin moron.

On another note, how can you expect to get "top dollar" for your used discs? If you can't understand that PIAS is in business because they MAKE MONEY on inventory, which means they have to be able to sell product for more than they bought it for. Simple business. Very, very simple business. So if they are selling used DX for $4-$5, how can you expect to get much more than a buck or two?

If you need quick cash for some discs that you don't care about, then sell them to PIAS. But remember that, in business terms, you are the supplier and the middle man has to make his cut. If you want to make the most of what you want to get rid of, you have to sell it to the consumer...cut out the middle man.

But me, personally, I'd rather buy/trade for a used disc than a new one. PIAS is able to offer reasonable prices for used equipment.

Sorry about the extensive rant, just can't understand the way people think sometimes

Way to go Play It Again Sports in Henrietta...make a liar out of me!

I have gone there THREE TIMES in the past two months (for various reasons, but the last two times I looked for disc golf stuff, and asked them about it on the mot recent trip) NO DISC GOLF DISCS hell no DISCS.

So I go back in today, expecting to maybe se a few traded discs...there's like 200 new discs and 25 used....I bought 1 x out, 2 used...3 new (they had some good prices)

So I say, sell them to us first, then to PIAS, and buy stuff wherever!

(I haven't seen any discs at wal*marts or walgreen around Rochester, NY)

\/\/

You also have to look at the fact that they buy discs for 5-8 bucks brand new from the MFR. Why the hell would they pay you anything near that for your beat to hell birdie?

How much do they charge for discs like if i wanted just a 3 set a putter, mid, and driver aprox. How much $

Most of their used stuff is $5-10 depending on plastic type and wear. Good stuff can approach $15. You should be able to get a functional putter, mid, and driver to get you started for $20ish at PIAS. If you're just getting started, try to find a putter that feels good in your hand, a Roc, and a leopard.

If you know the value of discs you can come across some good finds.

I used to go there in college, but the one in College Station has been out of business a while. i thought their stuff had great value, and a much better selection than Academy, which is trash selection, and can't even keep their discs organized.

Also my first ever mini is a Play-it-again custom from a tournament they sponsored, so I am kind of endeared to them in that way.

The PIAS by my house keeps undergoing ownership changes. Sometimes I see discs there, sometimes I don't. Very seldom have I ever seen anything even halfway decent. I sold them a bunch of middling discs for $3 each one time. They probably sold them for $10.

Anyone going to this particular PIAS in search of good used gems would be sorely disappointed.

Latest posts