• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Experience with play it again sports?

living in mn i have access to a handful of pias they vary so much store to store its not even funny seen new dx between 6-16 and star between 11-21 used is the way to go with all the pias though buy new and what you like for cheaper online in the color and weight you desire

How much do they charge for discs like if i wanted just a 3 set a putter, mid, and driver aprox. How much $

Nice necro bump. :thmbup:

My recommendation is to buy a 3-disc starter set, either Innova or Dynamic Discs. May cost a bit more, but you'll get three good, new discs. That's how a guy named Paul McBeth got started, btw...

The primary reason to go to a PIAS would be to pick up good used discs. Their new stuff is on par with a number of brick and mortar shops, and yes, it will vary by store.

Ours here is well stocked with both Innova and Trilogy misprints. Granted, having the North American Trilogy portal 90 minutes up the interstate helps.

The primary reason to go to a PIAS would be to pick up good used discs. Their new stuff is on par with a number of brick and mortar shops, and yes, it will vary by store.

Ours here is well stocked with both Innova and Trilogy misprints. Granted, having the North American Trilogy portal 90 minutes up the interstate helps.

Bingo. I've run across a couple slightly valuable finds over the years but it has mostly been for good, cheap throwers. I also agree that the selection varies wildly from store to store.

A few months ago I was in the one near the office in Cincinnati. They had about 50 used discs with the same name on them. I picked up a couple for decent prices, and contacted the person. They were not stolen, he just liquidated. Never hurts to check....

When I first started playing, the local PIAS had tons of good used stuff. Now it seems like there's one or two at the most. I miss the old days.....

The one I was at didn't do that, like someone had brought discs they found at the course or something because you could clearly see someones name and number.

Yea most people don't care about their phone number being out there or they'd mark it off when they sell. We usually marked them out but sometimes we didn't if we were super busy.

that could be YOUR primary reason

some people who live in a rural area could only have a pias for brick and mortar store

The one I was at didn't do that, like someone had brought discs they found at the course or something because you could clearly see someones name and number.

The PIAS on Capitol Drive holds used discs for several weeks before they put them on the shelves. If you sell used discs to them (or anything else), they require your drivers license information.

The PIAS on Capitol Drive holds used discs for several weeks before they put them on the shelves. If you sell used discs to them (or anything else), they require your drivers license information.

Ahh, Ok, I haven't been there in forever though. I'll have to go there to get some used discs.

I love scraping th used bins in various towns. I've found good, bad, comical, comically priced and everything in between.

I've not found too many diamonds in the rough, but plenty of good throwers. TP Giant and Eclipse Anode for $7, and plenty of similar finds.

My local PIAS used to put $5 on any tournament stamp they couldn't ID so plenty of good thrower Rocs and Teebirds to be found.

One of my best hauls was a 2 line Avery, a PFN sidewinder, pearly PFN Beast, and a custom stamped champ firebird for $25 last summer in Marietta Oh.

The play it again in my hometown has a great selection. You can resell nameless and numberless discs you find out on the course or redeem old discs for dollars in store. My only problem has been finding awesome discs there that has way to low weight. Struggle finding heavier discs there sometimes.

I love PIAS if I make a couple bad disc choices so I have a couple I will never throw (168 M5) or have a few that I have beat the bajesus out of they will take the crap off my hands and give me shiny new plastic to try.

Is trading 3-4 discs and getting one back fair? Nope, but if I don't use the 3-4 I gave them and do use the one I got back, I consider it a win for me.

I really feel sorry for whoever buys that 150g Avair beat to the point it does barrel rolls at half my noodle arm power. Wait I got $2 toward a new leopard....sucks for you next owner.

In the past year or so I've found close to 10 Circle Stamped DX, a DX Totem Teebird, and a few other rarities. That's probably as good as I'll find, as there is at least one disc golfer working there.

they will buy anything. literally anything. The price is always different. it depends on the disc and the condition it's in.

This is the Charlotte Stores MO. They also generally give you more if you take it in store credit or trade toward their discs than if you take cash.

PIAS is convenient but you can do better selling or trading on the web or at your local course.

Some of the ones I've been at have sold discs with people's numbers on them.

The PIAS near Cedar Hills will sell you your disc back if you can prove it is your name & number, for what they paid for it which is usually a buck or two. I have heard the one in Cary does not do this.

Latest posts