• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Experimental Discraft Bag.

StarFirebird

Banned
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: almost 14 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: Hyzer-Flip RHBH,OH,sidearm upshots,rollers
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver for this bag: Banger GT 250/270ft; Meteor 280/330ft; Nuke SS 380/415ft

Optional:
Sex: M
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I enjoy the Bag I'm experimenting with,but I feel I may have some overlap due to not being familiar with Discraft.Would like some feeback to see if I have all areas covered.
Specific areas of desired feedback: Not familiar with Discraft,but i'm liking their discs more and more.I Would like to know if I have all areas covered and if you guys feel like I have some overlap.
Immediate and long-term goals: Would love to learn the discraft discs more.I still have my old bag I use and would like to make a killer combo bag with the Discraft Discs included.

Bag:

Drivers
170 Discraft Z Nuke SS - Big Distance Driver,with good fade at the end.

165 Discraft Z Avenger SS - Big Distance Straight or Turnover Drives,Rollers

170 Discaft Z Flash - Windy Days,Forehands and Very Stable

170 Discraft Z Predator - Overhands,forehands and Very Windy Days

170 Discraft ESP Cyclone - Contolled Distance Drives.Has really great glide,still working with this one.

175 Discraft Z Stalker - Nice Glide and good for hyzer shots,still working with this one.

175 Discraft Z Express - Tight wooded driver,easy to control, flies low and finishes with good fade.

175 Discraft Z Glide - Uphill anyhyzer drives,straight shots and straight to right shots and Rollers.

Mids:
170 Discraft Z Buzzz - My workhorse Midrange.Good for shots that require just a little fade.

170 Discraft X Buzz - Beat a little more than the Z so it goes straighter with little to no fade.

170 Discraft ESP Meteor - Anhyzer shots,Rollers and Control Mid for tight wooded Shots.

170 Discraft Z Comet - Mainly used for Cleaning up my throwing issues.Been finding it useful for other shots.

170 Discraft X Comet - Same as above.Keep in the bag for extra shots.

175 Discraft Z Wasp - Windy Days,Sidearms,Overhands and works great for shots that require a lot of fade.

Putters:
2 170 MVP Proton Ions - Been getting more and more used to these as my main putters.They work really well for my style of putting(Pitch Putt)They have tons of glide and the grip helps control the distance and how much drop my putts have.I'm not going to call it yet,but so far these are the best putters I have ever used.

170 Discraft Soft X APX - Best Uphot disc I have ever used.Will hold the line you put it on.Hardly has any fade at all.Anhyzer drives.I use it for straddle putts as well.

2 170 Discraft Soft X Banger GT'S - My Main Putting Drivers.Very easy to control because of the groove in the top.Slighty stable so it has a slow fade at the end.Used for more stable upshots.

170 Discraft Banger GT - Putting Driver.Goes straighter than the Soft versions with very little fade at the end.

175 Discraft ESP Zone - Overstable Pig.Works very well in the wind.When it's too windy to putt with the Ion's I'm putting with the Zone.Also used for overhands and Sidearms.

Summary:

So far I like the Discraft bag,but I feel I may have some overlap in the bag.I'm still not 100% use to the discs as of yet,but I'm getting more use to them the more I throw them.

Until recently All I would throw was Innova Drivers/Mids/Putters and Gateway Putters.I threw 2 molds from Discraft and wanted to try more and this is the bag I came up with.

I'm going to experiment with this bag for the rest of the summer to the end of winter to get a good idea of how these disc work for me.

Oh and i know it's not 100% Discraft.After Putting with the MVP Proton Ions in the local Disc Golf Store I was sold.At the moment these are my main putters.

I would love to hear from you guys about this bag or what other things I could try that would suit my throwing style(Hyzer-Flip) from Discraft.

Thanks for reading. :thmbup:

From reading the descriptions for what you use each disc for, I would say:

Flash or Pred - Pick one.

Stalker or Cyclone - Pick one.

Xpress or Glide - Pick one.

----

I used to throw Z Xpresses and they were understable enough that I could throw them on a hyzer line and they would flip flat, then turn. Thrown flat they would give way to a nice turnover and thrown anny they would crank over and hold it into the ground / could be used for rollers.

I think Xpresses are nice little discs, and it's easy to keep them on a rope in wooded areas.

Cyclones are famous for their versatility, but Stalkers are solid discs with a modern rim that is capable of many of the same shots.

I use both a Buzzz and Comets. You might find that you'll start to see some overlap with the Meteor and your X Comet, and maybe even the X Buzzz depending on how beat it is. Once the X Comet is a little beat, it will start to turn over. Once it's nicely beat in, you'll have to throw it with hyzer to get it to go straight (straight with almost no fade, a very useful shot).

So you'll have some decisions. If you like the Comets, I'd drop the Meteor in favor of the X Comet (takes very little time to beat to a turn over disc, then it stays that way a long time). Your X Comet should be able to go straight with little fade for now so you could replace the X Buzzz. The Z Comet will retain it's fade and won't turn over much for a while, so you could use that as your point and shoot too. The Buzzz can handle lower lines with more power with dependable fade. This would leave you with:

Z Buzzz (low lines, power, dependable fade--stable duties)
X Comet (beat to turn over for understable duties)
Z Comet (long smooth anhyzers/hyzers that need lots of air, straight shots--neutral duties)
Z Wasp (slightly overstable duties)

Or you could swap the Meteor out for the X Comet, or beat the X Buzzz into the understable slot (would definitely take longer), but you do have some overlap coming up there as I see it. Also, as another plug for the Comet, it is a very long disc with minimal effort.

Welll ...

I'd say the Avenger SS and Express are very similar (filled the same role in my bag).
Meteor and Comet are pretty similar. Glide might be, I'm not sure I had a typical Glide.
If you wanted to, the Zone and Wasp can be used for a lot of the same shots, although the Wasp is better for line shaping.

Hyzer flips with Discraft are usually attained by throwing baseline plastic (X or D). Nuke SS and Avenger SS can be flipped, as well as the Express to a lesser extent, but an X or D Nuke is a flipping awesome disc. I have found very, very few Z discs that flip. Even with considerable beating.

To cover a couple of other things mentioned, the Flash is nothing like the Predator. They both have a decent resistence to turn, but the Flash hardly has any fade, wherease the Pred spikes. It's like saying the Vulcan and Leopard fill the same slot ... kind of.
The stalker resists turn, the cyclone does not. Also very different discs. Especially if you have a Z or Cryztal Stalker.