• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Extreme Arm Pain

Voodoo floss will work, but you have to know what is going on in the forearm, shoulder. As an MT I see lots of tendinitis and major slow compression sustained for a long time works best. Fascia needs to release I have voodoo floss and have used it and find it limiting, for a non professional, I say turmeric for inflammation reduction and deep sustained compression at the elbow, extensors of forearm and flexors.

If you work at a desk or PC a lot, look to stretch and unglue the pecs and adjoining tissue and release the shoulder complex... Try cupping! I have amazing success with cupping on acute issues.

I think your arm is hurting simply because it can't physically contain all the awesomeness.

I'm not a fan of taking pain pills when you're not sure what's ailing you. Pain is your body saying, "Yo! Something's wrong." I'm not saying pain pills are bad, or that you shouldn't play through it, but until you know what your playing through, I don't masking the pain makes much sense.

Chances are it'll go away after a while, but as we get older (let's face it, some of us are getting up there), that while goes from days to weeks. If it persists longer than most aches and pains you tend to get and you really want to play before the symptoms go away on their own, it makes sense to see a sports medicine physician - if for no other reason than to make sure the additional activity isn't likely to make things worse.

Nothing against our esteemed forum membership, but most aren't trained in such matters, and even if they are, how well can they diagnose something that general without even examining the patient?

I had had similar issues at my previous jobs. Tying and untying ALOT of slipknots with cargo straps. And it did unfortunately affect my ability to play dg. Soooo.... I got myself fired from that job and now all is well with my elbow. (Still gainfully employed btw.)

I'd go see the doc. I hurt my shoulder once and it led to bursitis which is an epic BITCH. Going to the doc sucks but not as much as being in pain and a loss of mobility.

Well, the pain in my forearm is all but gone, but I still have pain in my bicep muscle on my throwing arm. I don't work at a desk. Far from it. I deliver compressed gas cylinders to hospitals and other places ( like welding cylinders) so I am strapping them and unstrapping them all day, mainly using my arms. I do have a cheater bar,and I need to remember to use it more, because it does help, because these straps have to be very tight. If even one cylinder is loose on the truck, and I get pulled over ,its a $250 fine for each cylinder.

That being said, I have tried to ease up at work a little bit, and I have not thrown a disc since Friday, and it seems to be getting better. I even stopped using my Bowflex till I get my arm feeling better.

Well, I haven't played in over two weeks,and my arm is feeling much better. I still have the slightest pain in where the inside of my elbow meets my bicep muscle, but that is only with I really try to pull something with that arm, but its nothing like the pain I had a few weeks ago. The pain in my forearm is pretty much gone. I am going to try to do some practice tomorrow, and maybe play on Wednesday, and see how it goes

Well, I haven't played in over two weeks,and my arm is feeling much better. I still have the slightest pain in where the inside of my elbow meets my bicep muscle, but that is only with I really try to pull something with that arm, but its nothing like the pain I had a few weeks ago. The pain in my forearm is pretty much gone. I am going to try to do some practice tomorrow, and maybe play on Wednesday, and see how it goes

Good luck take it easy!

It actually sounds like a pinched nerve. When I first started throwing forehand the same thing happened to me, I was not smooth and trying to power everything. Ice, ibuprofen and rest helped. I had a buddy that had the same symptoms, required surgery to move the nerve, his was from pitching.