• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Facebook Integration

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
It's been brought up a bunch of times so I finally decided to try and make this happen. It might have helped had I been familiar with facebook since I had to learn what was what on the site and how things worked over there. At that point I spent a good week figuring out how to code something to get the two sites talking. But enough back story, on with the good stuff!

In your dashboards you'll notice a new "Connect to Facebook" button. Click that and follow the facebook prompts. You *should* get a permissions prompt immediately after connecting your account to DGCR, if you don't I think it should come up at some point (maybe a page reload) but you'll need to authorize the site to post on your wall, etc. Also, if you want the connection to remain active, you'll need to remain logged in to facebook (click the remember login thing) or you need to login to facebook in the same browser session prior to visiting DGCR.

Once you're connected, you should see a list of preferences there for what you want to share. The only "share" that is automated is adding a played course as it's just a button click on the site. For the rest of the items, you will see a checkbox at the bottom of the review/score/schedule forms with a checkbox to indicate whether you want to share this particular review/score on Facebook.

The dashboard preferences control these check boxes. So if you turn "New Reviews" on then the checkbox on the review form will always be checked by default. If you set it to off, then the checkbox will be off by default (you can always click it to on if you want to share reviews/scores on a case by case basis).

If your facebook account is not connected to DGCR or you're not currently logged in to facebook, you will not see any facebook options other than the connect button on the dashboard.

Wow.. that was wordy but hopefully somewhat clear as to what's what. As always, if you run into problems let me know. I'm guessing their may be a few as this facebook stuff is very new to me but I tested everything out and it seems to be working so fingers crossed :)

Last edited:
Sweet!!! Thank you sir! You are the Man!

just added it... looks good

Cool, glad to hear it works for someone besides me :) I noticed some stuff seems to take a little longer on occasion if you're doing the facebook thing since it has to send a message off to facebook and do some login checks. I'm talking 1 or 2 seconds at the most so it wasn't too bad

Awesome Tim! I was able to connect OK but haven't tried any of the sharing features yet. Great job! Once again DGCR trumps all the other DG sites out there :)

Just recorded a fake score, worked great and the entry in the FB wall looks cool, I like how you pulled in a photo of the course & linked back to the course page.

Hopefully this will give some extra FB exposure to other DGers in FB who aren't aware of DGCR.

This is going to be an awesome source of traffic back to DGCR! Way to go!

Awesome feature Tim, yet again! I'll have to check it out. I don't use facebook much, but I'll check this thing out for sure:D.

Very cool, glad you guys like it and that it's working well so far! :)

Just recorded a fake score, worked great and the entry in the FB wall looks cool, I like how you pulled in a photo of the course & linked back to the course page.

Hopefully this will give some extra FB exposure to other DGers in FB who aren't aware of DGCR.

seconded. im very pleased and cant wait to log in real scores

top of the page in the header. you may have to sign in to the non-forum side of the page.

that was the first time ive ever signed in there i always just went to the forum

Your last login there was back in September. It's been a while :)

Very cool Tim. Now if I make a DGCR group in my Facebook and can convince my friends to make up and share a schedule it makes for a nice way to see who's playing when. Kind of what Google Latitude does, but for disc golf only.

Latest posts