• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fade Gear Stool

I'm still trying to justify a walk stool. Or a stool at all (just stand?).

i used to buy the cheap stools and lost maybe 2-3 of them in the woods. shank a bad shot, go in looking for my disc, and come out of the woods without my stool. figured if i spent a bit of money on one that i'd pay more attention to keeping track of it and haven't lost it yet. but it only gets used a few times a year at tournaments.

to be honest when i do carry my stool i use it more for sitting my bag on it than actually sitting on it myself.

The indentation on the top of the stool looks very similar to Camp times. I like the Aircraft Spec Bronze Anodized Aluminum Legs but i'm not sure if it's worth the extra 5 ounces it added to the stool as the camp time weights in at 23oz.

It's not hard to imagine that the seat-top was sourced from the same manufacturer. Camptime/NRS seems to always be Blue only. Keeps costs down to only have 1 color.
DD has had black and teal options. (Though the teal does appear to have the camp time badging.)
Get tops, get different stock aluminum tubing, and bam, you get your own stool. I'm curious if you guys can find out what alloy of aluminum Fade is using. Oh, and $.10 worth of webbing for a handle. I think I'll do that to my stool when it comes this weekend...(bought from GGGT via amazon, shipping was cheaper, by alot.)

Also, all those cheaper ones, the seat is smaller. So unless you position yourself perfectly, the back leg (which will be infront of you) will dig into your scrotum. Which sucks.

So doing a comparison of the two today, the Fade appears to sit a couple inches taller. Both the Fade and the Camptime have dowels up in the legs where the joints are. The Fade's seat seemed firmer, compared to a Camptime with just a few hours use at the warehouse. The pick-up strap is useful too, although I'm used to carrying my Camptime fully open, lion-tamer style. And I'm with dehaas, most of my usage was as a bag stand unless we reached a serious backup, or sometimes for scorekeeping.

Anyway I overpaid ~$15 for my huklab camptime about 7 years ago and still use it. Cry about it every night too.

My stool

My stool:
DSC03358copy_zps86371e2c.jpg

If you get it from Amazon.com (Sold by gotta go fulfilled by Amazon), it's only 3 bucks shipping.