• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fade Tourney bag

gabe32

Thinkin about gettin a new bag. Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in the material on the bottom of the hatrack and the camo bags?

wrong, the hat rack has different material, looks more nylon like, said to be more durable... maybe??

if you want camo, get it, the difference will not be anything noticeably more "durable", i bought the hatrack thinking the same thing... except i like the black, so i couldn't go wrong

good luck finding a pic to show difference, my camera wouldn't show much side by side, but its plastidipped now, so either way, it dont matter to me

its not at all like a "tough" material, just a different material than whats on the sides

I really liked the look of the fade bag so I talked to a guy who has one and he said he likes it, but he wouldn't buy it again. Not sure that helps any.

Most of the people that I know that have them are quite happy with them. I prefer the Innova Comp bag myself.

its a nice bag, gets the job done just fine...mine has gotten wet from rain and was used in the winter...still in great condition. holds a good amount of discs/ misc crap too.

We have had 5 fade bags and not an issue with one.

Explanation:

Both had crunches, sold them and got tournies

Traded discs for another crunch for a travel bag.

I really liked the look of the fade bag so I talked to a guy who has one and he said he likes it, but he wouldn't buy it again. Not sure that helps any.

No not really. He likes it but wouldn't buy one again. Reason why not? Sorry not flaming you, I just thought it was funny. Couldn't have been a more contradictory sentence. ;)

We have 4 Fades, our kids each have one, and my Mom has 1.....not a problem with any of them, either.

wrong, the hat rack has different material, looks more nylon like, said to be more durable... maybe??

if you want camo, get it, the difference will not be anything noticeably more "durable", i bought the hatrack thinking the same thing... except i like the black, so i couldn't go wrong

good luck finding a pic to show difference, my camera wouldn't show much side by side, but its plastidipped now, so either way, it dont matter to me

its not at all like a "tough" material, just a different material than whats on the sides

I just looked at one, and what do you know? You're right. I'm sorry for the misinformation, and thanks for pointing this out. You can really feel the difference if you scrape your fingernails across the bottom.

I just checked, and the new black one (I can't remember what they're calling it now) that replaced the Hat Rack is the same as the Hat Rack.

Learn something new every day.

I bought a Fade Tourney bag for my son for Christmas.
It does not have an internal frame, so it can be floppy if you don't fill it full with discs. When my son plays with fewer discs, he uses a smaller bag.
The durability is better than expected.

I just looked at one, and what do you know? You're right. I'm sorry for the misinformation, and thanks for pointing this out. You can really feel the difference if you scrape your fingernails across the bottom.

I just checked, and the new black one (I can't remember what they're calling it now) that replaced the Hat Rack is the same as the Hat Rack.

Learn something new every day.

The Bird Brain

I just got one of these and am happy with it so far. The bottom is a little heavier material than the sides. I had an innova deluxe and the fade tourny bag, empty, weighs less than the innova one.

I love my Fade Tourney but I did have an issue with the stitching. The velcro on the inside (that attaches to the bottom and side support) came undone. I was able to glue it back in and have had no issues since. I know this happened to one other guy that I play with, but these seem to be isolated issues. I would totally get another fade bag. I actually just got one for a buddy for his birthday.

It does not have an internal frame

Did it not come with the u shaped thingee? I find mine to be awesome, you can tip it over and the discs stay put. If it didn't come with it you should call fade.

yeah, they have good frame design, would be the best if the dividers were better, but still, just as good as anyone elses, great idea they had there

yes plastidip adds weight, so does 20 discs...
when i carry 10 discs, and my buddy with a starter bag has 10, it does weigh more... but i got quads to make mine more comfy to wear

were talkin bout adding the wieght of a disc or so to the bag, my sunflowerseeds weigh that much when i get a new bag of em

if your lookin for less weight maybe the innova is a better choice??

Did it not come with the u shaped thingee? I find mine to be awesome, you can tip it over and the discs stay put. If it didn't come with it you should call fade.

I got the u shaped thingee with my Fade bag, but I didn't see any other way to divide up the discs. That is, there isn't a way to divide up drivers from mids from putters. I tend to just slide a disc back at the end of the row and as a result they get mixed up over time. You wouldn't think this would be a problem but more than once I've grabbed a disc based on color and gotten the wrong disc, only noticing it after I've thrown it (like if I'm in a hurry to throw).

That didn't used to happen with the Innova tournament bag I had. However, the Innova bag had the bottoms of both drink holders wear out completely. The mesh wasn't that strong and rubbing along the ground wore it out. The Fade bag advertised itself as raising the drink holders off the ground so that this wouldn't happen. That's why I bought it (and I liked the larger choice of colors).

All in all I'm very happy with the Fade bag. I prefer the color (mine's blue), I like that the drink holders seem more durable and don't drag the ground (as much--with a full thermos in them they can still touch the ground), and I like the larger pouches for food and stuff. (I always shove orange juice into one, since I'm a diabetic.) It also has a top flap pocket that holds my golden retriever, which is convenient.

The u-shaped thing I had to get used to. I miss the dividers, and you have to kinda push/pull to get the discs out. However, I've tipped over the bag upside down a couple of times and not a single disc has every fallen out. I never have to worry about it anymore. I can just drop the bag off my shoulders and the opening will tilt pass the 90 degree mark (meaning discs could roll out) and they don't. I like that a lot.

I'd buy another. I would not buy another Innova bag. I have the phoenix quad straps, which are comfy, but I wish they had a chest strap in the front.

Ken

Got a Fade Psycho Tourney Bag about 6 weeks ago and I love it. :clap: The DGA Gel-Straps were the icing on the cake. Elastic putter pocket is great and it has plenty of room for discs, to 32 oz drinks and lots of other stuff. (20 discs & 3 beers in the main bag is da bomb, Yo!) ;) It's been through three tourneys since I got it and performed like a champ. Even in some pretty crappy weather. GO FADE!! :thmbup:

Attachments

• New Bag.jpg
    New Bag.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 21
I got the u shaped thingee with my Fade bag, but I didn't see any other way to divide up the discs. That is, there isn't a way to divide up drivers from mids from putters. I tend to just slide a disc back at the end of the row and as a result they get mixed up over time. You wouldn't think this would be a problem but more than once I've grabbed a disc based on color and gotten the wrong disc, only noticing it after I've thrown it (like if I'm in a hurry to throw).

Ours also came with 2 tombstone shaped things that give you three pockets:
You can't see them on my wifes bag but something is obviously keeping those 2 rows of disc from falling
dsc09646.jpg

Latest posts