• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fairway creation

rhatton1

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Hi all,

I've got a project I need to clear the forest floor for the fairways.

It's a six hole course in a relatively small area on the side of a hill, holes are between 120' and 250' I'm going to be clearing a strip for each one of about 30' wide, with a couple of the holes having more than one line. I want to leave pockets of the underbrush for wildlife between fairways.

The underbrush isn't too thick, some small saplings and mainly heather with bramble. The canopy is pine forest. The land under has a few rock outcrops and some undulations but looks workable for getting a brush mower over.

What's the best thing to use to clear through this? Will a push behind brush cutter do the trick? are there ones out there that will mulch as they cut? It's at a very prestigious site so need the finish to look very clean and top quality, I will be laying woodchip paths (purchased woodchip) from tee to basket and in a circle under the basket. The work is going to be done all at once and ideally in as short a space of time as possible, Money is less important than time, all machinery will be hired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7i9kAnQIv4

This is the sort of thing I'm thinking of using, has anyone any experience?

How long would you allow for doing 5 holes , lets say an average of 200' and 30' wide? (one of the holes is basically clear already)

Latest posts