• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fairway driver suggestions

What they all said.

Striker or Teebird.

Striker is gonna be faster and more overstable than the Teebird but a touch less glide, imo.

What weight/plastic is your river? Another river may be the answer, I have heard some have a very pronounced fade and decent HSS.

I 2nd the ESP Cyclone. No one has mentioned the Leopard. I think its a perfect fairway driver. I've tried DX, Pro, Champion and Star. I like the Champion best. Mine is a 150g. Left, right or straight as hell, it does it all. The problem with mine is the color. The most Chameleon-like disc I've ever seen. It blends in with just about everything. It can get squirrelly on really windy days.

Eagle-X and Eagle-L

Get the X in star and the L in champ. Out of every disc in my bag, these two are probably my most predictable discs and they see more action than any other driver. I love my Eagles because I can control the turn depending on how much I put on them. They do what I want and will always have a spot in my bag.

From what I've seen, my glStriker and sPD are much faster than the Eagles, to the point where I wouldn't call them fairway drivers. My Striker sees little action since right now I prefer a Starfire for that spot, but the PD is starting to get more and more love. For me, it refuses to turn over when I rip the tits out of it, flies laser straight, then comes back with hard fade.

Buy them all is the simple answer. Its hard for me to tell you which one would be best for your throwing style, and seriously, who doesn't like buying new discs?

Personally, I throw Eagles. They can be easily had in three different plastics, and are pretty common discs, so you don't need to break the bank to get that one run they did in that plastic that one time. They're great for shaping lines, especially DX EX's, when they get beat in a little.

Chalk another one up for the Eagle camp. Early field practice results coming in are that my 170 Opto River is basically the stable/understable brother of my Star EX.

So my vote is get a Star Eagle and beat it in.

Striker is gonna be faster and more overstable than the Teebird but a touch less glide, imo.

I think that sums up the difference between the two nicely. I have both in my bag currently as for me they take up different slots and I think they compliment each other. (the strikers I have are pretty overstable )

Cheers - Koffee

exactly, they do compliment each other nicely. I actually have 6 fairway drivers that all compliment each other. I throw RHBH

Star 168 TL - understable flippy driver. Anhyzers, anhyzers and more anhyzers

Champ 175 leopard - Normal power under normal power when I want a shot with LOTS of glide that starts out turning over right and then flattens out and finishes right of center with little fade back. Or I can take something off of it and it will start out straight, flip over right and come back to the left at the end with TONS of glide. Beautiful S curves.

175 Star Eagle X (SEX) - This one is really only used for slightly uphill shots that need to hit a gap and stay striaght for most of the shot. I throw it full power, with a slight hyzer and it flips over and goes straight and then comes back somewhat hard at the end.

175 Champ Teebird - the moneymaker. The go-to. My baby. I can do everything with this disc. Throw it flat, slight right of the target and it will reach it consistently. I can push it out beyond 300 feet if I need to and it will go there accurately. Spike hyzers, spike anny's, there is nothing this disc can't do.

175 goldline Striker - my rising hyzer shot. I throw it flat, it will fly straight, rise up for the first 200' and then drive left at the end. I can push it out farther than the teebird if I want distance but don't want the wind to f with the disc too much.

175 champ firebird - IT says distance driver but I use because its so overstable its a great fairway driver. Hyzer, hyzer and more hyzer. Got an ace with it at hudson mills in a tournament. Throw it out to the right and watch it come back to the pin the whole way. If you like skip shots, this has great skip at the end. Also, I can throw it FH with good results if I need to.

Latest posts