• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fairway Rule Question

Albatross

Say I tee off and I land in the fairway. for my next throw am I allowed to run up to the disc to throw, or do i have to have one stationary foot on the spot of the disc as i throw?
I know w/in 10 ft of the pin you can't extend past the disc, I am talking about outside of that 10' range.

Say I tee off and I land in the fairway. for my next throw am I allowed to run up to the disc to throw, or do i have to have one stationary foot on the spot of the disc as i throw?
Yes, you can run up and, yes, you have to have your foot planted behind your marker at the instant you release the throw.

803.04 Stance, Subsequent to Teeing Off

A. When the disc is released, a player must:
(1) Have at least one supporting point that is in contact with the playing surface on the line
of play and within 30 centimeters directly behind the marker disc (except as specified in
803.04 E); and,
(2) have no supporting point contact with the marker disc or any object closer to the hole than the rear edge of the marker disc; and,
(3) have all of his or her supporting points in-bounds.

B. Stepping past the marker disc is permitted after the disc is released, except when
putting within 10 meters.

C. Any throw from within 10 meters or less, as measured from the rear of the marker disc
to the base of the hole, is considered a putt. A follow-through after a putt that causes the
thrower to make any supporting point contact closer to the hole than the rear edge of the
marker disc constitutes a falling putt and is considered a stance violation . The player must demonstrate full
control of balance before advancing toward the hole.

I'm going to say you can't run up, just to be contrarian.

You can run up. I always do it backwards because I'm... :cool:

Maybe that's why my scores always sux. :sick:

Wow man im glad I came here first before my first big tourny to clear all this up. So what I gather that when I do the worm as long as I release the disc behind my mini I am golden?

Wow man im glad I came here first before my first big tourny to clear all this up. So what I gather that when I do the worm as long as I release the disc behind my mini I am golden?

The worm is acceptable, however, anything that would make you look like Eddie from the Tekken series of fighting games would be best.

The worm is acceptable, however, anything that would make you look like Eddie from the Tekken series of fighting games would be best.

It's really up to your TD.

The TD must announce whether the rule that your worm must carry over two meters is in effect or not.

If you do the worm, what is considered your plant foot? I mean that still has to be within a certain distance of your marked lie. Maybe the worm just eats the plant foot.

If your wife/girlfriend eats the worm, are you obliged to warn her of the impending release?

Oh oh, did I just landfill this thread?

Latest posts