• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trying to get to 300 ft forehand

Upload a video to YouTube, preferably sideview. Hard to tell with the angle and the "player".

When/if you do, you'll get plenty of advice in here. And 300 is definitely doable!

I've been playing for around four months, but can only throw around 150 - 200 ft. My goal is to be able to throw 300 consistently.
View attachment 330281

View attachment 330282
This throw went around 220 ft, but it was downhill and would have gone less far (maybe 170-190?) if it wasn't. The reason I landed on my knee was because my front foot slid when I landed on the tee pad. Does anyone have any advice?

I've been playing for around four months, but can only throw around 150 - 200 ft. My goal is to be able to throw 300 consistently.
View attachment 330281

View attachment 330282
This throw went around 220 ft, but it was downhill and would have gone less far (maybe 170-190?) if it wasn't. The reason I landed on my knee was because my front foot slid when I landed on the tee pad. Does anyone have any advice?
Shorten that final step a little and see what happens. Over exaggerate it a little too

Your camera behind tee looks a bit off angle.
Looks like you have a bunch of slack left in your arm and kind of pushing the disc, instead of swinging it out wide centrifugally like ball on string.
Check your grip, finger pad/s on rim instead of flight plate and clench your fingers to make the disc pivot around your finger. You can see your index finger is pointed out at release instead of clenching back into your palm.
Work on the fundamentals from a standstill like a pitcher instead of using a run up which is just adding moving parts.
Screen Shot 2024-01-08 at 3.10.31 AM.png

Latest posts