• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fantasy Disc Golf – The 2012 Season **Official Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in under Lapants' Team.

Should be some interesting stuff happening this season. Looking forward to the majestic even more now.

seems the html on the website is having some problems this morning?

What kind of problems were you seeing?

anyone have an idea what time tomorrow we can start making picks?

It'll be around 8pm Central time. Still have a couple things to work out before they open up.

Can't figure out how to jump out of the league. Zach Parcell's Team can be removed.

The commish should be able to remove you under the Manage Players tab.

Thanks you Brall:thmbup:

I would not have had any replacement advice regardless . . .so I am not complaining . . . but insert hometown advantage to you! I bet you place well in that event.

What's the point of picking 4 but only counting top 2 scores? Why not all 4?

Just another way to configure your league if you want it.

We mostly recommend it for lesser-known tournaments and divisions. It's tougher for people to know, for example, an MA1 field than it is to know MPO. Using "Pick X Score Y" helps players out and balances things out a bit.

We don't recommend using the scoring method with a Salary Cap. You *can*, but it might make for some wacky player strategies.

I didn't see any DGCR tournaments configured using "Pick X Score Y" though.

Just another way to configure your league if you want it.

We mostly recommend it for lesser-known tournaments and divisions. It's tougher for people to know, for example, an MA1 field than it is to know MPO. Using "Pick X Score Y" helps players out and balances things out a bit.

We don't recommend using the scoring method with a Salary Cap. You *can*, but it might make for some wacky player strategies.

I didn't see any DGCR tournaments configured using "Pick X Score Y" though.

That makes sense. I was mainly worried about how it would affect the salary cap because in the 3rd post Brall said it was "Pick 4, score top 2" and a salary cap, but now that I look at the tournaments it looks like that isn't how its set up. Good stuff. Thanks for running this, Brall.

That makes sense. I was mainly worried about how it would affect the salary cap because in the 3rd post Brall said it was "Pick 4, score top 2" and a salary cap, but now that I look at the tournaments it looks like that isn't how its set up. Good stuff. Thanks for running this, Brall.

i'd expect that other items will change to as we all get a feel for this monster.

if i had edit privilages to this thread (asked but was denied) i would have one single opening post with all the rules and a list of those entered and what date they entered... but ::sadfacebrall::

no edit for me :(

LISTEN UP:

i foresee one problem coming.

a small list of those participating and a lot of people seeing this thread for the first time 4 months from now and wanting to join.

people will want to join but wont because they would be so far behind...

- Option 1. leave it be. continue this season as one long tour. payouts at the end.

- Option 2. bust this up into two tours like last year. payouts at the end of each tour. payouts would ofcourse be only one disc per tour, so in the end, this wouldn't cost anyone anymore than they already had planned for. this would allow fresh faces for the second tourn.

one way to achieve this is that after the last tournament, i would boot everyone out of the league and people would rejoin. from what i know of their site this resets all scores to zero. pretty neat how rob and aaron have created it. nicely done to those guys.

please discuss.

Current League Setup for all tournaments except the United States Women's Disc Golf Championships​

Picks:
Open Men (MPO) – Pick 4 golfer(s), score top 2
Open Women (MPO) – Pick 1 golfer(s), score top 1

i think if only the top 2 count from week to week there will be a lot of fantasy players who wind up with the same 2 guys.

i'd like something like pick 5 count 4 better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts