• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fantasy Disc Golf – The 2012 Season **Official Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm proud to say that we are up to 29 players. big jump from the 16 of last year.

It's GROWING!

and i'd expect at least 1/3 more in the second tour than the third (a lot of poeple will see this thread for the first time months from now and want to join).

do me a favor and plz verify that you are on my roster below. i don't want to accidently boot you out of the league on the FDG site when the time comes for me to get rid of those who haven't officially joined on this thread.

DGCR Name ********** FDG Team Name
Brall ********** Team Brall
stevetclark ********** Steven Clark's team
E_Rock25 ********** Team E_Rock
bcr123psu ********** The bcr123psu's Team
HmRnKngJC25 ********** Jeff Coates' team
baileyt1212 ********** Bailey's Team
ejvogie ********** Eric Vogelpohl's Team
AdamCaudle ********** Adam Caudle's team
bneely ********** Chunder Down Under
Avus ********** Avus' team
Usher ********** Usher's Team
harr0140 ********** The disc golf experience
Maine focus ********** Team focus
Mseaton ********** Team Silly Hats Only
gregorvn ********** Greg's Team
lapants ********** Lapants' Team
jcf5083 ********** jcf5083
LukeF ********** Luke's Team
kcoates ********** kcoates
discdoh ********** Greg DOH's Team
Big Weekend ********** Big Weekend
jaybob ********** Evil Ewoks
Wood Pecker ********** Wood Pecker's Team
Connor Jones ********** Team Connor Jones
atl scott ********** Condor Revolution
what'shisname ********** what's team
biscoe ********** drive by huckers (dont forget to join on the FDG site)
DSCJNKY ********** DSCJNKY's Team
TrippinBill ********** TrippinBill's Team

Are the tourney ratings being used for scoring, or is there another scoring scheme being used?

good question. maybe i could bug bcr and send him another request to update the scoring post ;)

Scoring:
Fixed Score – 100 – The first place golfer receives the points specified. Second receives one less, third receives two less, etc.

this is the way i understand it. you all can let me know your thoughts...

the fantasy disc golf site will calculate which of us had the highest scoring team overall and then will give out points. the person with the highest scoring team gets 100 points. the person with the second highest gets 99. third, 98 etc...

now the question may be, "how will the fantasty disc golf site determine who has the highest scoring team?" i believe the answer to that will lead back to the original method of scoring which is where each of your picks are worth as many points as the people they beat. if there are 100 guys in MPO and Ken Climo wins, he is worth 99 points because he beat 99 people. if gcr_russell takes third, he beat 97 other people, so he is worht 97 points (GO GCR!). so far your team as scored 196 points (99+97).

this is my opinion. your thoughts?

main point. pick the best team possible no matter how the scoring works :p

Last edited:
good question. maybe i could bug bcr and send him another request to update the scoring post ;)

this is the way i understand it. you all can let me know your thoughts...

the fantasy disc golf site will calculate which of us had the highest scoring team overall and then will give out points. the person with the highest scoring team gets 100 points. the person with the second highest gets 99. third, 98 etc...

This is not correct. Your team will be scored on the total number of points your golfers accumulate. Guessing top 4 MPO and the FPO winner would net you 100+99+98+97+100 =494.

now the question may be, "how will the fantasty disc golf site determine who has the highest scoring team?" i believe the answer to that will lead back to the original method of scoring which is where each of your picks are worth as many points as the people they beat. if there are 100 guys in MPO and Ken Climo wins, he is worth 99 points because he beat 99 people. if gcr_russell takes third, he beat 97 other people, so he is worht 97 points (GO GCR!). so far your team as scored 196 points (99+97).

this is my opinion. your thoughts?

main point. pick the best team possible no matter how the scoring works :p

The Fixed Scoring system allows Premier Tours to have a similar scoring spread each event. Last year we scored by position and it put a lot of weight on Worlds and Vibram.

I reckon I'm in as Hipster's. How much does is cost to mail a disc to Europe? I joined Gateway's league too. Would like another Bullseye target.

Last edited:
If all the top guys at the Memorial get food poisoning and I make sandwiches for lunch out of a cooler I just may be a Dark Horse finishing well. Or if I find a magical wishing well and I'm granted making all my putts 45' and in... Maybe they won't recognize Tonya Hardings goons as my "caddies" for the week...

tonya-harding-video-sex-tape-scandal.jpg

Just added the Tiebreaker field - don't forget to put a score in there.

How it works:

When you pick your golfers, you'll also have a place to enter the winning tournament score for Open Men's division of that tournament. The value you enter will be compared against the winning golfer final score (including any "final nines", penalties, etc.). The player with the closer entry (either direction) will break the tie.

(Full explanation at http://playfantasydiscgolf.com/about/rules)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts