• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fantasy USDGC

adam olsen
jim myers
mike robinson
naved hasnain

go go underdogs

The strategy on picking this year is interesting. Their calculation of the target score is based on an estimate of the SSA for the course this year which could be off by a few shots due to the new throw and distance penalties. In addition, I'm not sure if they used full handicaps or used a 90% adjustment. If they are full handicaps, then choosing players with the highest numbers in each column would theoretically be better. If the 90% factor was used, then those with the lowest numbers in each column would be better bets. I went with: Mike Moser, Henry Childres, Robbie Bratten and Pete May.

I like AO there. Mike better keep his head on straight. He'd be a good dark horse pick.

Im going for locals

Devan Owens
Jay Reading (no okies in group b)
Paul Dorries
Joe Rotan

Timko said:
I like AO there. Mike better keep his head on straight. He'd be a good dark horse pick.
I was pulling for locals where possible. I think the tighter game (stroke+distance) will be great for AO, he should have an abundance of opportunity to park the Buzzz between the ropes. TD could also be a great pick, but having to choose between AO/Sprague/TD in the first pool I am going with AO just based on the fact that has been on a tear the last couple months!

Also, I was under the impression that the idea is to pick people that outperform expectations, as in if they are lower in the pool, and shoot closer to the top that is a good pick as opposed to picking Nikko/Feldberg and one of them wins the whole thing, they are expected to be there in the final group.

Tier One:

Cameron Todd

Tier Two:

David Wiggins Jr

Tier Three:

Terry Gallops

Tier Four:

Todd Lapham

victorb said:
George Smith
Tank Franks
MDR
Des Reading

By Ken's own admission, he's one of the best putters and word drivers on the pro tour. I think the stroke and distance will get to him here.

Hopefully nobody picked Heeren...he might be on full tilt after his vehicle ended up in the lake...
58132_476457124065_179691904065_6697682_4547846_n.jpg

BLURR said:
Hopefully nobody picked Heeren...he might be on full tilt after his vehicle ended up in the lake...

Does anyone know the story? I don't want to ask him as I am sure he is already sick of people asking. Also, his name isn't even on the list of people to pick.

rusch_bag said:
BLURR said:

Does anyone know the story? I don't want to ask him as I am sure he is already sick of people asking. Also, his name isn't even on the list of people to pick.
left the parking brake off and it rolled OB......gonna have to re-tee from his house

Apparently the reason Zac Cobus took an unlikely 7 on hole 1 was due to his discs being in Heeren's vehicle before it was towed back to land.

Chuck Kennedy said:
Lapham with a DNF.

Todd NOO! you were my DGR pick.

Chuck Kennedy said:
Apparently the reason Zac Cobus took an unlikely 7 on hole 1 was due to his discs being in Heeren's vehicle before it was towed back to land.

That sucks. Could he have teed off with a disc from the pro shop and then grabbed his bag once he finished hole one with no penalty?

rusch_bag said:

The story that I've heard is he stopped to take a picture of hole 5, didn't put vehicle in park and his vehicle rolled down into the pond.

That sucks. Could he have teed off with a disc from the pro shop and then grabbed his bag once he finished hole one with no penalty?
Zac decided to DNF anyway sometime after hole 12 according to scoring.

Latest posts