• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Farewell Trak/Ascent?

Why do you think the Ascent/Trak are out-of-production?

• Total voters
Vibram has become a "what ever" company to me - they just whacked 2 of my 3 favorite discs, gave me a promo tourney I have 0 interest in playing...dunno, don't really care.

Those sentiments are held by a lot of experienced players, which is why the Trak/Ascent were slow sellers, in my opinion.

Having said that, if Vibram's putter lineup was saving you strokes every round, then you wouldn't mind too much if they changed their fairways.

Putting is the key to the game. The heart of what Vibram is their original putters: Summit, Ridge, and VP.

eh, their putters don't really fly or feel that great IMO. Unique for sure but I don't think the "rubber" is even grippy when it gets used. Seems to build up oil/dirt much easier and even the softs lose tackiness which seems opposite for most discs that it increases with age.

I REALLY tried to get into vibram but have to agree with MonkeyPaws -- kind of just stopped caring'

See, that's what awesome about what Vibram offers. I hate plastic putters and even tried the best from Gateway. Still no go. Went to a Ridge and found goodness. I like the rubber feel and especially how it attaches to the chains.

For those who throw wooded courses Vibram is a good thing especially medium. It just doesn't take a beating like plastic.

Lol, trust me, aim throws wooded courses.

I think what he's trying to say is that he just doesn't really like the fact that vibram doesn't get a whole lot better in terms of grip/feel as it seasons. The rubber has good grip all around but it doesn't develop a sweetness to it.

That said, I still think vibram's putters kick ass. Never threw their fairways anyway.

If they get slick, just wash them. Takes all the hand oil off the rubber and gives them back the stock feel. Plus, I love reseting the stability in them. No other disc can you beat in too much and then get it back to stock and retry.

So many companies try to get that plastic that is gummy and grips amazing when Vibram offers it right off the shelf and some people don't like it. Can't please them all.

Too bad, I really liked Ascents, even if there were a lot of variations. Still have my first Ascent, 169 medium. It was my first Vibram ever and I hit three aces with it.

I've since moved on to Teebirds/FDs as my workhorse fairways, but I always knew I could fall back on Ascents if I needed to.... Hmm, might have to stock up.

Dang, I like the Trak, it reminded me of a slightly longer Leopard. I have one, maybe I should track down another one or two.

Dang, I like the Trak, it reminded me of a slightly longer Leopard. I have one, maybe I should track down another one or two.

The Trak beats the Leopard six days to Sunday. A speed faster and a tiche more overstable... I have three, one in each rubber, but I am going to switch to the Arch, once they're available, and I have figured what the Arch can do for me... heard good things about the Notch/Arch so far, but haven't thrown one yet.

The Trak beats the Leopard six days to Sunday. A speed faster and a tiche more overstable... I have three, one in each rubber, but I am going to switch to the Arch, once they're available, and I have figured what the Arch can do for me... heard good things about the Notch/Arch so far, but haven't thrown one yet.

Arch is quite a bit more stable than a Trak. And has less glide.

2 of my stash are grey vibrams, the best looking discs ever, an Ibex and an Ascent.

Wish they'd run more of those.

I love the clown barf colors.

Every easy to find color combined is awesome.

I'm not a fan of the darker ones though.

Last edited:
I love the clown barf colors.

Every easy to find color combined is awesome.

I'm not a fan of the darker ones though.

Now the multi-color runs are going to be more common, because of the stream-lining of the production process, so the single-color, two-color and three-colors are the older runs. Single-color softs are the rage right now, but older softs are two- or three-colors.