• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fargo, ND

fatty mcbutterpants

Bogey Member
I will be moving to Fargo, ND in a few months. I would like to know what the current local dg scene is like. Where can I purchase discs? Do I need to stock up before I move? What is the local club/league/tournament scene like? Good courses/ people to hit up? Any information about the general area is good, too. Feel free to PM me, as well.

5a3d692488a4aa6910abfdbc936af1f3.jpg

I think the internet and US mail go all the way to Fargo now. Or, at least, will soon.

You really need to take a second and figure out what forum this should be posted in (Probably "Disc golf courses" or "Newbie Introductions.")

-------------
Copy and paste from the other thread you've posted already (stop posting more).
-------------

Couple retail locations. Scheels is mostly a big-box type of place but has a decent selection of new plastic. Rock30 Games is the more 'local' shop but is first and foremost a video game store. Their disc selection can range from amazing to 'who the hell ordered these.' They have a decent used bin that sometimes occasionally yields gold. Our local PIAS has a pretty meager disc selection. Every now and then their used selection will contain a gem... but we're talking like a once-a-year type of situation.

2 local leagues. There is the FMDGC that rotates between Oak Grove and Trollwood park on Wed nights.

There is also a newer Cass Clay Disc Golf League that started on Sunday's last year and is rotating between the aforementioned Trollwood and a slightly-modified layout that uses parts of Iwen's south and north course.

In terms of courses themselves:

Iwen North
Trollwood
Oak Grove / Riverfront
Woodlawn

Are going to be your big ones. There is an additional 9 'short' course at Iwen that is pretty solid but uses aspects of the harder North course. There is also a 9 hole called Rendezvous in West Fargo that is barely worth the time it takes to drive there.

As far as course installation goes... Fargo has an extreme lack of terrain variety. It ranges from flat-as-a-board to slightly less flat-as-a-board. Our best terrain is right near the Red River... which has the unfortunate ability to flood during many of our spring seasons. Flood-protection is the big buzz in Fargo right now as we've come close to losing the entire city during flood seasons (2009, 1997, etc). Lots of measures are being taken to help tame the river through the metro corridor and in this process we are gaining back some good land near the river that in years past would wash out each and every spring. I'd expect any new courses in the metro area to be built in similar 'greenway' areas that are now being protected by flood control measures.

I think the internet and US mail go all the way to Fargo now. Or, at least, will soon.
Herp derp. Norta Dakota is pretty far away and not many people live there. They might get this here 'internet' thing i'm typing on in the next few years. Am I right guys?

Guys?

Is this thing on?

As your only courses listed as "played" are in Missouri and Ohio, I think you're well-prepped for Fargo.:D

If you can, bag some courses on the way there. I would like to challenge you to be the 1st? to bag every course in North Dakota. Ready go.

Wow, I can't believe North Dakota has less courses than Louisiana. 46 to 44. Out of NDs 44, 2 are heavily wooded.......2. You're going to need the eye of the tiger to knock out all 44. Good luck butter man, we're all counting on you.

Latest posts