• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Faster Teebird?

JamesXC

Eagle Member
I have been looking and looking for a disc that will fly like a warp-speed (11+) Teebird. I have tried Wraith, Destroyer, Avenger, Surge, P-DD, Starfire, SL, and others but just have not found anything like it.

I throw about 330'-350' (golf distance) with my 3 Teebirds and I love them to death. Now I am looking for something that I can put out there a bit more without being too overstable (Destroyer/Stafire), having too much HSS (Surge/Wraith/Avenger) or being too slow (Stafire/SL).

I have a rather large gap in my bag right now and this is the missing disc. Any advice on filling it?

Orc or Katana

Neither of these.

I'd say the closest "faster" teebird I've ever run into are champ Starfires, although they're glideless without headwind. PD is supposed to be similiar, but you're not going to find much that is going to net you insane distance on that line without you throwing it that far. Most warp speed drivers require some heavy lines.

I usually throw Teebird/Destroyer combo and it works great for me. But I feel very comfortable throwing a Teebird 400'.

Interesting. I thought they were a notch faster. Then again, I haven't thrown a teebird in 6 years.

Interesting. I thought they were a notch faster. Then again, I haven't thrown a teebird in 6 years.

nope, PDGA tech standards say its 1.6 cm rim width, and the teebird is 1.7. the stalker also has a larger diameter

Someone mentioned an Orc. That was my first thought.
Also, don't judge all Starfires Wraiths or SL's, etc on just one disc or one plastic.
You said you've tried them, but a DX Wraith flies very differently from a Pro or Champ or Star.
If you find one disc that is close, vary the plastics and weights; you may find what you want after all.

When I stopped throwing t-birds I was throwing old pre-barry beasts. Then the orc came out and they changed the beast mold. So I would say orc as well.

From what I understand the Boatman is the closest thing you'll get to a 10+ speed Teebird. If that doesn't work for you then you're out of luck.

A slightly broken in SPD is the closest thing I've found to a faster Teebird. They actually replaced Teebirds for me a long time ago.

Weside Northman...(VIP)
It has a VERY similar shape to the wing, top an rim (tho the rim is wider)
Tons of glide...
I think it has a little more fade than the Tee-bird, but for me that just means if I accidentally flip it, it's more likely to come back.

I think the SOLF is close to a faster Teebird. But, it is only speed 10. I think the SOLF works lines much better than the Teebird.

A slightly broken in SPD is the closest thing I've found to a faster Teebird. They actually replaced Teebirds for me a long time ago.

this ^^^.. surprised it took so long for someone to say PD.. but yeah S-PD maybe P-PD but i dont have experience with them.. the C-PD tend to be a lil beefier

Latest posts