• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Faster Teebird?

You caught me on not being totally clear. My main point was that the Sword is a maximum distance driver on par with the likes of my Nukes. You are right, and I apparently described it as such, the Sword has very similar characteristics of the TeeBird, but unless I am missing something in this overall thread, are we not talking about a disc that is being sought after that is longer than a TeeBird but still in the Fairway Driver category?

If so, than it is not the Sword.

If we are talking about a max driver that flies like a TeeBird, than I stand corrected with the post I quoted. The Sword is definitely a viable option.

I purchased two Tournament Boatmans today thinking they have similar statistics as the TeeBird but could take a little more power. Oh man I was wrong. When thrown with TeeBird like power and form, the Boatman flew almost identical to a Predator. I could straighten it out a little with even more power but my aim became a little unpredictable at the point. I also noticed that it was incredibly nose sensitive and loved to climb upwards.

For comparison I unretired my Star TeeBird and threw it side by side with the Boatman. There was simply no comparison. I had to muscle the Boatman to keep it relatively straight but the TeeBird was so easy, smooth, and accurately straight. I am giving up and not going to bother trying to replace the TeeBird with anything but a TeeBird.

That makes total sense now.

Latest posts