• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Faster Teebird?

Based on your reply, I think you're looking more for a straighter Destroyer than a faster TeeBird. It sounds like your Stalker reaches the baskets that are just out of reach for your 'Bird.

By all means, I would recommend a Star TeeDevil. Just not if you're trying to find something similar to a TeeBird. When I first threw my TeeDevil, I thought it was going to be too overstable for me, but once it beats in a bit, it flies beautifully. I throw mine for shots that I either want a late, reliable fade or a long S-curve. As for the Blizzards, I haven't yet felt the need to put one in my bag. A Star Wraith wouldn't be a bad choice either.

I looked at the PD but didn't like the ratings.

Try not to over-analyze flight ratings and interpret them as gospel. They are meant as a guideline and address how the discs fly when ideally thrown. The majority of us don't throw ideally. The only way you're really going to know how a particular disc will perform in your hands is to throw one. If buying one seems too expensive a proposition because you might not like it, and/or you can't find them at your local stores, find a local player who has one and ask if you can try it out.

Oh, and I second the PD. Which one to get is dependent upon what stablility characteristics of a Teebird you wish to mimic. I have both the P and C versions in my bag.

Based on your reply, I think you're looking more for a straighter Destroyer than a faster TeeBird. It sounds like your Stalker reaches the baskets that are just out of reach for your 'Bird.

By all means, I would recommend a Star TeeDevil. Just not if you're trying to find something similar to a TeeBird. When I first threw my TeeDevil, I thought it was going to be too overstable for me, but once it beats in a bit, it flies beautifully. I throw mine for shots that I either want a late, reliable fade or a long S-curve. As for the Blizzards, I haven't yet felt the need to put one in my bag. A Star Wraith wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Yeah the Stalker is great.I have the same amount of control as I do with my Teebird,it just has more glide and speed for me.

I should have worded my thread differently,but Yeah the TeeDevil I believe is what I'm looking for.The description said it was easy to control and even a Pro who doesn't have a big arm,like me,said it was a great "go to" distance disc for him.

That's really what I'm looking for,something easy to control,and something that can be my go to big distance driver.

The Blizzards can be real flippy.I did tweak mine and it throws pretty good for while,then I have to tweak it again.I think the Star mold will be a more consistent mold for me.I may have to put the Blizzard back in my bag and find a use for it again.

Thanks again for the comments.

All right, I can't resist. Sorry in advance.

If you want a faster Teebird, try throwing your Teebird with more speed.

I can't believe I just said that. I just saw a post of someone saying that they're done with their Buzzz SS and wanting to know if a Buzzz is the next option (with no details as to why the SS doesn't work), so I'm still in the mood to be ornery after replying to that one.

^^^ this made me LOL because I just read that thread and your post in there. Dominant posting, sir.

Star Teedevils suck ass. They're more overstable than Star Destroyers. At sub <400' power you want a medium dome Star Wraith or Pro Destroyer (which I think I remember you had in your bag already).

If you want a faster Teebird, try throwing your Teebird with more speed.

Exactly. There's no reason why a teebird can't be your main distance driver - it works pretty well for me. I throw the dx teebird in the 380-400' range with some pretty good accuracy, enough to not warrant carrying anything faster for distance.

Plus, there's just nothing that flies like a teebird, at all. A wraith is a lot more like an eagle-x.

If you are throwing a stalker farther than a teebird you are doing it wrong. Also, supposedly every disc that has come out since the teebird is a longer teebird. There is no longer teebird either, they all either have more turn or more fade. If you can find the right PDs, that is your closest shot.

-1 for the teedevil. Friend bought one and between three of us f-ing around it did not fly like a teebird. Much too much of a meat hook. I've thrown swords and they fly quite similarly to the teebird especially in tournament plastic.

I think the PD is a faster teebird and for faster than that i would say destroyer. people have told me that a VIP Sword is like a faster teebird but i like a 170 destroyer for my faster teebird slot.