• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Fav Forehand/sidearm drivers???!?

Thief for me. I lose about 25 feet in distance compared to backhand, but I love throwing it with hyzer, watching it flip up and go about 315 and then fade about 5 to 10 feet to the right of the line it was just on. I throw this a lot for tunnel shots that can't finish left but not too mush right either. This is more predictable for me than a backhand hyzer flip mid throw.

Last edited:
Champ Firebirds for most FH drives and longer approaches.
C-PD (flatter JL run) for longer drives and straighter shots. Also, can put this on an anny line and have it hold 85% of the flight and flatten out with gentle fade at the end.
C-PD2 for spike hyzers, big flex shots and big headwinds.

Has anyone tried out the outlaw? Is it as god as the reviews are saying? Iv heard a couple of times that they have replaced their destroyer with it. I just cant belive it hahaha

My outlaws are more or less interchangeable with my destroyers. They fly similar lines with similar speed, they just tend to be a little more squirrely in the wind for me. But the only destroyer I really forehand with is my trickshot-overstable one.

I mostly throw Firebirds for general forehand drives, and I will move up to a C-PD for a slightly longer/straighter flight. But I'll forehand just about anything if the situation is right. Lately I have been throwing a lot of forehands with my Icon Patriot, when I want a nice slow panning shot to the left. Very useful if you're stuck in the trees on the left side of the fairway.

Sidearm

My favorites are Firebirds and Destroyers. For the Firebirds I will throw the FAF ones if I absolutely need to to fade and throw big flex(S) shots with it. I throw the champ Firebirds that have a little dome on them. They aren't quite as stable and have more glide. For the Destroyers. I throw 168-170 PD2 top destroyers. They are superstable and I can throw longer flex(S) shots with them and I know they will fade back. The other Destroyers I throw are stock and they seem to stand up and glide forever with a little fade at the end. Other than those two I will sidearm my black crystal flx zones. Those things are beastly overstable and I can throw them for touch sidearm or put some muscle and the are really predictable. BTW, I am in search of 168-170g PD2 top destroyers. Preferably new or lightly used.

For many years my favorite FH disc has been a seasoned Champion Wraith in the 165-168 range. I like to really rip one on a slight hyzer and let it bomb on a predictable stable line.

Lately I've also been enjoying my Resistors on anhyzer FH shots where others would throw a fast mid-range.

All my drivers I throw FH. And when my FH is on, they all are my favorites. But day in and day out it has to be my Z Flick. 4 of my 6 Aces have been with a Flick.

I have 3 in my bag right now. All 3 fly much differently and yet so Flick-like. One a 170g beuatiful tie dye, flies like most I've had and lost. It has that long, straight flight with that predictable hard cut and then dies as it hits the ground. I can get the tightest flex shot that more resembles a Z than an S. Next is a 150g Z, that I expected to do the above with just a hair less effort, and a hair less distance. But its is much more overstable than I'm used to with a 150. Still workable for spike hyzers. not long, but consistent and dies where it hits. Then there's another 170g that is cutting hard the instant it leaves my finger. The MOST OS Flick I've ever had! And I've learned I can depend on it for a niche, a niche SO predictable when I'm carrying a full bag it has it's place and gets used at least once every round.

If I had to have just one distance driver for a round it would be a Flick. Sure it doesn't do anything remotely looking like an anny, but I can as long as I can go straight for a good distance I'd make it work. If my form is off a Flick can go wrong, horribly wrong in a hurry. But at least I know where it's gonna land.

Far. Predictable. Workable. Consistent. Can't beat a Flick for a FH.

Hyzer flips that don't fade and anhyzers i go with an Avenger SS.

Go to, straight distance, workhorse driver. I throw Orcs 170 Pearly pearly pfn are $.

For a fairway driver the Gazelle is awesome.

Latest posts