• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Favorite 2016 release (2016 approved)

favorite 2016 release

• Latitude 64 Culverin

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • MVP Disc Sports Spin

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Innova-Champion Discs Stud

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Westside Golf Discs Longbowman

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • Westside Golf Discs Destiny

• Westside Golf Discs Catapult

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Latitude 64 Knight

• Latitude 64 Falchion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Discmania DDx

Votes: 29 23.2%
  • Disc Golf Association Sail

• Dynamic Discs Defender

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Kastaplast Grym X

• Discraft Undertaker

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • Axiom Discs Vanish

• Axiom Discs Thrill

• Axiom Discs Defy

• Prodigy Disc A4

• MVP Disc Sports Matrix

• MVP Disc Sports Octane

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • MVP Disc Sports Nitro

• MVP Disc Sports Energy

• Disc Golf Association Pipeline

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • MVP Disc Sports Signal

• Discraft Archer

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other: specify in comments

Votes: 15 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All three of MVP's Circuit discs were excellent, but my fave was the Signal. The max distance class of drivers is also solid, but a bit too much for my arm and rim comfort.

Didn't the Colossus protos come out early this year? That would be my vote.

I like the Catapult but I don't like how it seasons. Fortunately I have plenty of fresh optos that should last many years.

I like the Destiny as well.

Ddx has been great for me. Max d drivers are my most lost disc so it's nice to have one that fills that gap right off the shelf. I'm at the 380-400 range and the flight numbers match up perfectly. Also it pairs great with a pd2. The s-lines(ddx & pd2) have been a perfect combo right away. As soon as those beat in I will compliment with a metal flake ddx and a luster pd2 (10 years!)

Admittedly I didn't try the majority of the new mold this yet, but I'd vote for the RDG Tyrant with the Westside Longbowman as a close second. If I didn't love the OLF, I could see myself using the longbowman to cover most control/fairway shots I'm using the Orions and Teebirds for currently. The Tyrant is a great fairway that I found to be quite versatile. It had the HDs of a teebird but much more LSS like a FD3. I just prefer to use a teebird and something else a bit more OS as a utility(in my case whippet). I do keep both for my funsies rounds bag

Tough tossup for me. While I love the Tyrant, the lack of different plastics was the determining factor for me. If there was a run in a stiffer Star style plastic over the softer G-Star type that they've run, the Tyrant would win for me hands down.

However, as it stands, the DDx gains my vote. For us non-Simon/Eagle/Pauls of the world, the DDx is a great driver to be able to cover that Destroyer/PD2 slot and get a few of the same mold to cover OS to flex lines. I have a DDx that's every bit as overstable as my Glow Destroyer and an S-Line that's worn into a superb turnover and hyzerflip disc. There's a reason it took the market by storm.

The only new disc that currently has a bag spot is the Shryke. It's like a Tern without that ultra shallow rim that's hard for me to grip. So far I'm really liking it.

On the list Element Discs Uranium.
The best of the not listed Leopard3 or Colossus.
The Colt was the best till Innova ruined it.

Longbowman.

The undertaker would have been the one had I been more of a discraft thrower though.

Archer, most reliable anny disc I throw. Every time I throw hole #3 @ Pride out comes my pink Archer I will ace that hole in '17. I usually park within 10'. (Hole 3 is 210' and protected by trees, not long but you need an Anny or one heck of a beautiful short S-curve)

I haven't thrown the DDx yet, but it intrigues me. Personally I loved the Destiny. It's like a refined King with a bit more stability. Its in the very upper echelon of longest discs I've ever thrown.

Well, glad I popped into this thread, if there is a Tern-like disc that is better than the Tern, I gotta try that shizzit.

Meanwhile, I have only tried 3 of these discs, but the Pipeline is an awesome control driver. The rim is so freaking easy to use. I can throw the thing like a Mid, and get distances just 30-60 feet shorter than my Terns. If I throw it flat it turns over effortlessly and fades back. I can put anny on it and it has a smooth understable flight with just a bit of fade. Parked two ~300 foot holes I rarely park this morning with it, and got in the circle on a couple others. Really nice to have a disc I can throw far and accurately without a lot of effort.

2nd the Pipeline love. The Proline is a great stand still driver. SP Pipeline is a bit more OS with slightly less glide.

I also just started bagging a SP Sail. Turning driver with very little fade late, making it another great option for effortless distance.

been crushing the MVP octane. Didnt even expect to need or like a 13 speed distance driver but.... :thmbup:

Not too OS off the shelf yet plenty stable enough to be a go-to max D mold. Been pairing with the seasoned flying catalyst which is missing from the poll.

I realize now that i should have divided the releases up somehow to deal with the 25 item limit on the poll. I had to cut down the list of 78 releases to 25, but at least there is the other option & it's not beating the ddx.

It's fairly flat. I have 2 of them now; picked up a proto star stamped GStar at PIAS the other day. Neither of them have a lot of dome (nor did any of the proto stars I pawed through in the store).

I am looking forward to a run of champ Shrykes. I will be very happy if they are straight like the champ Terns.

Latest posts