• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Course in California REAL THREAD!

What is your favorite course in California?>

• Birds of Paradise

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Sky High DGC

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • Coyote Point DGC @ Lake Casitas

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • DeLaveaga Park

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • Stafford Lake County Park

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Turtle Rock Park

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Perigrine Point

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Bijou Community Park

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Sylmar(Veterans Park)

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Humboldt State University

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other(Comment what it is)

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
I'm wondering what area of the state has the highest concentration of good courses, good scenery,decent winter weather & manageable traffic ?

Stafford
Tahoe Vista
CSU Worlds
GGP
Sierra College

Haven't played DeLa yet (shame on me)....and still haven't made it over to Chico area.
:wall:

Chico?

Lava Creek in Paradise is better than anything else near Chico. I'd say the best place to live and be close to TONS of disc golf is either Tahoe or Southern California. Too many good ones to list in LA area. Tahoe is like a disc golf mecca with how many courses are within an hour drive, all have great elevation and views.

That's like your opinion man. Lava Creek, Black Butte, a 45 min drive to Penn Vallley and 2 hrs to Tahoe is pretty good.

Then OV is better since its takes less than that to get to PV,GV and Auburn then we have OV and Rocklin. You cant count course 45 mins away.

Chico over Sac!

I've lived and played disc in both cities. Living in Sacramento is much worse than Chico for disc. Rocklin is meh, Auburn meh. Shady is awesome, the only reason I can live in Sacramento and still satisfy my disc golf urge. Chico gives you a much larger variety of courses, and no crowds at any of them.

I've lived and played disc in both cities. Living in Sacramento is much worse than Chico for disc. Rocklin is meh, Auburn meh. Shady is awesome, the only reason I can live in Sacramento and still satisfy my disc golf urge. Chico gives you a much larger variety of courses, and no crowds at any of them.

You didn't read my whole post. He tried to use courses that are not close to Chico and use them for living in Chico. When living in OV those places are closer. I would rather live in OV than Chico cause I can get to better courses quicker than I could living in Chico.

You can't include a poll about favorite courses in Cali without including the first disc golf course in the world! Oak Grove in Pasadena for the win!

I feel privileged to say that out of the 5 courses I've played in California, 3 are on this list. Dela, Turtle Rock, and Humboldt. All great courses and all very different from one another. A great 9-hole course is Deer Meadow. The other that I played was Enterprise...not the best.

Tried to play Birds of Paradise after finding out I would be in the area but it was a bit late notice. Maybe one day!

You didn't read my whole post. He tried to use courses that are not close to Chico and use them for living in Chico. When living in OV those places are closer. I would rather live in OV than Chico cause I can get to better courses quicker than I could living in Chico.

Oh man, Seahawks fan in OV. Good luck, bud. We's coming... :thmbup:

What better courses are you talking about?

Same Question as Mike

What better courses are you talking about?

If you lived in Chico, you could play Peregrine Point, Lava Creek, Oroville, Black Butte in 30 mins or less. From downtown Sacramento, you could play Orangevale or Rocklin in less than 30 mins. No other full length 18 hole courses.

Latest posts