• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Course in California REAL THREAD!

What is your favorite course in California?>

• Birds of Paradise

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Sky High DGC

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • Coyote Point DGC @ Lake Casitas

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • DeLaveaga Park

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • Stafford Lake County Park

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Turtle Rock Park

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Perigrine Point

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Bijou Community Park

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Sylmar(Veterans Park)

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Humboldt State University

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other(Comment what it is)

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
I am talking about the courses you listed like PV, GV, tahoe courses. All are closer to OV than Chico.

I am talking about the courses you listed like PV, GV, tahoe courses. All are closer to OV than Chico.

Oh man that means they don't count because they are an hour away? We also have significantly less traffic and a far lower Chlamydia and Gonorrhea rates.

Our meet up group put together all of our baskets and set up a course at UCI in Irvine a couple of weekends back and it was one of the best courses I've every played. It was a mix of typical grassy park setting and urban - all concrete, buildings, bridges, stairways, over roads, etc. They already allow disc golf there using poles so placing baskets here and there doesn't require permission. However, we did have spotters on all of the blind spots/corners that discs were flying, specifically in the urban settings.

Kudos to John Ho and associates for a great course!

Chavez motivates one to do just that.

I rolled more there my first two trips than I have my last seven combined. Two in the long position is one of my all time favorite holes.

And manageable weather. 110+ in the summer is too damn hot. I'll take my nice coastal temps, thank you.:D

It was 105 when Diane and I played Birds a couple summers ago and that was more comfortable than 90 degrees with high humidity in Charlotte. I wouldn't think of BoP as a coastal course. How about you?

Seattlite in SoCal

Chavez Ridge, La Mirada, and Verdugo hills; in that order. I haven't played De La Veaga or whatever it is, yet, and I hear its awesome. I look forward to playing it.
Chavez very cool with its views of Dodger Stadium and the skyline, also challenging, if your disc starts rolling LOOK OUT.
Oak Grove was ok, but very trashy and unkempt when I was there a couple yrs back. Sylmar pretty good course also

It was 105 when Diane and I played Birds a couple summers ago and that was more comfortable than 90 degrees with high humidity in Charlotte. I wouldn't think of BoP as a coastal course. How about you?

No, I was talking more of the coastal courses, like the Redwood Curtain.

Turtle Rock is my favorite of the listed courses but Sierra College is the most fun and challenging course for me.

Waller is more impressive to socal golfers than it is to norcal golfers. Go figure.

Hey I'm a SoCal guy and I'm not all that impressed. :p

In all seriousness, there's a pretty big subset of disc golfers who really love park style courses. Scattered trees, nice grass and not a whole lot of rough to worry about is right up the alley for a lot of people. That's especially true for less serious golfers who are out to have a few beers with buddies, not to challenge themselves to the greatest possible extent.

Last edited: