• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Drivers

*SS Avenger FLX 164 for long straight slight fadeL
JLS 170 for same as above
*CE Wraith 166/*Avenger Z 172 for long drive with a good fadeL
*CE Sidewinder for long turnovers

Anything else I am willing to try but these *4 I always keep in my bag (-JLS due to being white)

Champ Teebird - Predicitable carry 3 in different stages of wear
Champ Beast - Carry 1 old mold for turnovers/annie shots and 1 new mold for straight with minimal fade
Champ Leopard - great all around driver
CE Sabre - can manipulate just about any way I need it

DX TeeRex 150-Moderately overstable with predictable fade.
KC Pro Teebird 167-Straight with a moderate fade, great in to the wind.
DX Viking 150-Straight with a slight fade, great for low ceiling shots.
X XL 165-Stable, accurate all-around driver.
DX Valkyrie 150-Slightly understable, great for open shots.
Dx Leapord 150-Great for turnovers.

For just one driver, my old reliable is the Discraft Cyclone. I started throwing them around '94 or '95. At the time they were a max distance driver. As newer, longer discs have come out I have kept the Cyclone in my bag. It is a great all-around driver. I can throw it high, throw it low, put some hyzer on it or turn one over and execute a variety of shots with one. It is balanced pretty well and makes a good roller. I carry two other driver molds: A pure D disc (currently a Pro Starfire) and an overstable disc for forehand shots and to use into the wind (currently a TeeRex.) Those discs change all the time as there always seems to be the next big D disc on the market. But the Cyclone always has a place in my bag.

Currently in my bag...

Pro Firebird - overstable for headwind or dog-legged fairways
X XL - great downwind driver, holds a straight line, light and domey... so it really flies
DX Eagle - heavy, very beat up, will s-curve or hold a long anyhyzer line in moderate headwind
Star TL - great for those controlled "low and lean" drives under tree cover or in tight fairways
DX Beast - long beautiful s-curves in calm conditions... my longest disc in good weather

just had 20 discs stolen from me... but i had an X Avenger that i really liked. Always gave me a predictable long hyzer line in all conditions.

Go to driver

X Crush
And Discraft discontinued it, go figure. How long will a dozen back ups last :rolleyes:

The Predator is by far the most thrown driver mold in my bag. I carry 3 X and 1 Z/ESP(depending on the weather).

The Viking

The Viking is by far my most thrown disc.

My Viking seems to be my straightest flying disc. It rarely lets me down.

I just recently bought a Star CRO ........it is a great midrange disc and works exceptionally well for long putts also. Plus the Star plastic on the CRO gives you a great touch on the disc.

My go to putter is actually an Innova Hydra i've never really seen anyone else putt with one, but the Hydra floats and i'm not sure what the deal is with the plastic they use to make the disc float but it is by far my grippiest disc in my bag.

Star monster is prolly the most used disc in my bag. I throw them backhand, forehand, and for thumbers.

But the Flash is my favorite, thrown just right it goes for miles:)

I swear by the avenger, I carry 5 right now, 1 brand new max weight red X and a 175 Z for big hyzers, a 164 new blue one for long straight drives and a pair of super beat 8 month old 175 X's for my big turnovers.

i live to throw an orc! i carry 4 champion orcs 171,173,175,175 and i can get them each to do excactly wat i want them to do! and i can throw them all over 450! ive thrown star and pro orcs and there just not the same i love the orc and there probably the most amazing disc ever made! i also love the starfire champion starfires are awsome i can get seom big D out of them but nothing like my orcs, i carry 3 pro starfiers and there also awsome discs! but the star destroyers are amazing for max D i can throw this disc standing still and itll go at least 350 i can barely snap my wirsts and itll fly! i swaer if you were to stand in front of one while i was throwing it would chop your body in half!!! lol!!

The ESP Surge is my go to driver, gives a nice s-curve with great glide.
I use broken in Z Avenger for max Distance and forehand shots, and ESP Predator for throws into the wind and when I need a shot that won't flip over. The Predator gives me big hyzer throws.
I also use the Esp Wasp Mid range for drives 300' and under its one of my favorite mid ranges that can take a strong throw without turning over.

My most used driver is a Star Wraith 169 (forehand). I also use a Pro Starfire 170 and a Pro Wraith 172 for different shots. My Star Destroyer 169 is gaining a lot of throwing time lately. It is quickly proving itself worthy.

I separated my favs into categories :D

Distance: ESP Surge, never steered me wrong

Control: Z XL, soooooooo straigh

Overstable: Z Pred, dependable/predictable

Overall: Z Flash, so versitile, probably my all time favorite

For predictability, I throw a 175 Star Valkyrie, or if I want max D, throw the X Avenger. Really want to try out the SS Avenger. Avengers rock!
For Hyzers, used the Pegasus till lost yesterday, now prob Champ Beast
Anhyzers, not really sure since just lost my archangel, probably champ roadrunner

I am a RHBH. Listed in order of maximum distance. These have been my go to drivers for some time now.

Destroyer (Star)= Distance hyzer
Wraith (Star)= Distance hard S
Avenger SS (ESP FLX)= Distance light S
Valkyrie (Champion) = Gentle turn with a late light fade
Flash (Elite Z)= Super straight and will hold an annie
Reaper (Elite Z)= Trick shots, wider hyzer flips
Sidewinder (Star)= Hard turn
Roadrunner (Champion) = Turnover/Roller

Last edited:
FH/BH breakdown

LHFH
Max D: Beat up 168 CX Wraith- huge, lovely S-curve
Control/Mild Hyzer: 168 Elite X Avenger
Hard Hyzer: Champ StarFire
Tomahawk: 170 Surge ESP- after wiggle, lands straight in front of me ever time
Laser Straight Shots: 164 Aerobie Arrow- The flying trash can lid that doesnt skip or roll, but will snipe almost 200 ft if you chuck it hard enough

LHBH
(still learning, so can't handle very fast discs BH yet, but discs i can handle get more D than if thrown FH)

MAx D: Pro-D XL- Amazing Disc, Plain & Simple. Keep losing them, though.
Control: 170 Surge ESP- Use it for this and tomahawks. Love comfy grip

I just got a Flash myself and I love it. Flies really far. I also love my SOLS, my Champ Valkyrie and my Pro Valkyrie.