• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Drivers

Lately, I've been throwing almost exclusively Firebirds & T-Rexes. I've got a TL in my bag that I try to thrown when I need something to curve right, but I'm pretty hit & miss with that as to whether I yank it to the right when I release.

You know it's interesting. I said my favorite drivers were the Inferno and the Destroyer. But I also use the Beast a lot, probably more than the Inferno. The way it S curves is magic.

170 and 175 teebird (champ and star of each weight)
160somthing TL for straight drives
175 firebird for sidearm, sidearm rollers, thumbers, and long hyzers
172 champ leopard for turn overs

These are my go to discs (for now). I'm not sure why I like these discs, they just seem to be consistent, and respond well to my style. I try not think about the technicalities of what I throw, once I've found something that works.

I love my X Avengers, new and light weight and they're straight long flyers, especially for me because I don't really have the arm or hands (in my opinion) to throw some of the super long drivers. I also carry some 175 ones that are really old and they become great turnover discs, they just hold a really flipped line well.

I am pretty hooked on my Champion Sidewinder, 167g, and tye-dyed to boot! I don't throw very far, but I can get this to turn either way or do it's S-curve and end back up landing in the direction I threw it all pending on the speed and simple angles of the throw. Thanks Innova! :cool:

I use my SOLS for long straight drives, and I use my SOLF for long shots that need some left hand fade. I use my Pro Valkyrie for Straight fairway shots and I use my Champ Valkyrie for long anhyzer shots.

For straight shots...star Roadrunner, for s-curve shots, star Sidewinder, forehand shots usually a star destroyer, for thumber shots, a champion TL.

Discs

I love my star SL, as well as CE Valks, and my new SS Surge and SS Avenger. Then again, I think favorite drivers change depending on the course, and how long you've been playing with your favorties. Favorites for me eventually turn into kind of favorites as they get over used or when I buy ANOTHER disc. = )

well lets talk about best discs I have been playing disc for about 7 months and have bought over 80 discs and these are the best and there use:

175_champion firebird- super long straight shots 375-450 feet
175_star destroyer- thrown with hyzer will flip flat then just a 450-500 foot "S" curve
175_star roadrunner- 350 foot turnover shots
175_star max- great skipping disc around trees
173_ flick- great for windy days flies 400 feet into wind beautiful thing to watch
175_avenger ss flx- 250-300 foot straight tunnel shots
175_surge flx- great s curve disc for 250-300 foot shots
175_star firebird- tomahawk disc beautiful flight 200 ft
175_ champion valkrie- 150-200 foot straight shots
177_ star shark- my opion best disc ever can throw it 300 ft with pin point accuracy and this is also my putter an amazing disc
177_flx buzz- great for 100-150 swooping shots

so that's my discs any comments let me know what you think

I just ordered a Pro TL. I can't wait to try it out.

As far as my favorite driver, I have started to become very attached to my Pro Valkyrie. It is my farthest flying disc, and the most predictable disc in my bag.

If I want a relatively straight shot, I use my Flash.
Orc is used when some fade is needed (or wanted). XCaliber for headwinds or when I want big left fade.
Forehand is Pro Firebird (although I have been working in the XCaliber on some of these.

If I want a relatively straight shot, I use my Flash.
Orc is used when some fade is needed (or wanted). XCaliber for headwinds or when I want big left fade.
Forehand is Pro Firebird (although I have been working in the XCaliber on some of these.

I tried a Flash for a little while, but it gave me quite a bit of fade at the end. It was a long flying disc, I will give it that.

Love my DX Destoyer! Unbelievable Distance and a nice straight flight reminds me of a Viking but much longer. Easy to throw if you have the arm for it, not nearly as fussy or squirrly as a Wraith.

Latest posts