• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite overall plastics?

Pretty much an Innova guy. Though it dosent last that long, I still enjoy Dx for putters/mids, champ and star for drivers. Although my FLX buzz is awesome, that plastic is tough!

I never thought I would like anything better than Opto, but Plasma might be the plastic to do it. We'll see if it gets too soft this summer. I didn't throw any last summer. If it gets too soft, Opto/VIP/Lucid will remain my favorite.

Distance Drivers - Star
Control/Fairway Drivers - Champion
Mid- ZFLX
Putters - Sure Grip

My favorite plastic is Innova's G-star. Good colors, gorgeous swirls, soft but not floppy, durable but "seasonable".
I like a stiffer plastic for the putter, Prodigy's 750.
For a utility disc, there is nothing remotely as good as a Champ Firebird for me.

What plastics have you tried and which are your overall favorites?

Champion, Champion Blizzard, Star, Starlite, Echo Star, KC Pro, R-Pro, DX;
Z, X, Elite?, FLX, Pro-D;
Proton (soft and regular), Neutron, Fission;
Opto, Goldline;
Signature Line;
Lightning's base plastic...Hi-Flex?
And what is it that is used for Instep's discs?

For putt and approach, Signature Line, and then R-Pro are favorites.
For mids and drivers, the best I can say is that I generally prefer Star/Starlite, though it is good to have some Innova in Champ; I haven't used X or FLX all that much yet, but prefer them so far for Discraft, though only marginally so over Z; I definitely prefer Neutron or Fission over Proton (I look forward to trying Plasma); and the seeming virtual indestructability of Opto makes it a hard choice versus Goldline.

Pro D for my Challengers
Pro D, Elite X, and Elite Z for my Buzzzes
(Recently switched to 150 discs, getting old haha)
Star for my Teebird
Champion for my Valkyrie

The list of plastic I don't like is much smaller. Too many good ones to list them all. I know my new favorite is the classic Judge. Super firm but so grippy at the same time.