• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] FD2 - retooled

I can verify that blues are less stable than pinks. My blue when thrown hard will get a small turn 50% of the way through its flight and then fights back hard. My pink (deep pink color) shows no signs of turn and has a tick more fade.

Out of curiosity, are there any observable differences between those two discs? PLH, dome, etc...

Interesting to hear about the differences in stability. I have 2 blues and 2 pinks, but did not notice any difference in my first session of field work with one of each. Maybe I'll see that as they lose some of their newness (I only threw them ~10 times each). I did notice one of the blues was flatter than the other, but it's barely noticeable.

Just threw my RR and it is MONEY! Absolutely straight out to 350' with a slight hint of turn when thrown flat. A great complement to my FDs. Very similar, just a touch more HSS. A definite keeper, for sure.

How do these compare to a metal flake teebird3? The somewhat mellow TB3s.

How do these compare to a metal flake teebird3? The somewhat mellow TB3s.

I've only thrown the FD2s in one field session, but the Royal Rage flew slightly more stable than my McBeth MF TB3, which is somewhat seasoned. I imagine they will have similar flight paths once worked in.

Man I thought I could resist, but I'm going to have to check this mold out. I would really like to see what the production runs look like first though, any rumblings of what plastics will be available when?

Did they do a prod run of the first retool or no?

I played two rounds this week and have been working with the Royal Rage whenever possible. I started with a 166g pink one. Both days were windy and I am definitely getting the flip up when I put any power on them. Still has a strong fade at the end of the flight though. I'll probably work my blue 171g into the mix to see if the weight makes a difference in the wind.

I played two rounds this week and have been working with the Royal Rage whenever possible. I started with a 166g pink one. Both days were windy and I am definitely getting the flip up when I put any power on them. Still has a strong fade at the end of the flight though. I'll probably work my blue 171g into the mix to see if the weight makes a difference in the wind.

How would you compare it (especially the fade) to a run of the mill CFD?

I think I got a weird FD2.
Bought a blue 172g from DGU. It is super flat, the PLH is much higher than other pictures I've seen, and it still won't hold an anhyzer, let alone flip up. At first I thought my backhand form was bad and I couldn't get the nose down with it, but all of my other fairways do just fine.
The good news is, my oldest 2nd run FD that I've been testing it with has hit a sweet spot where it will hold a turn the whole way if I want it to.
Anybody else have an FD2 that bucks the "blue is less stable" trend?

Anybody else have an FD2 that bucks the "blue is less stable" trend?

I've heard numerous people making this claim on Facebook. It must be true lol

I bought all of my Night Strike 2's in blue, so I made sure all of my RR's were pink. Call me weird, but I keep my bag in order of speed rating, so my FD's and FD2's are side by side and I don't want the same colors making me mix up my discs. However, the number of claims does have me curious.

How would you compare it (especially the fade) to a run of the mill CFD?

I don't throw C-FDs regularly, but I have done field work with a 166g C-line and a max weight Night Strike 2. The fade of the FD2 is much harder than the regular C-FD and slightly harder than the NS2. C-FD also flips up with very little effort, where I can put power on both the NS2 and FD2. Only question I have is how much the weight factors into that because of the wind I was playing in with the FD2.

I should note that the C-FD I have in my signature is a 150g blizzard that I use as a utility disc...

IDK what it is about this disc but I think I finally found the perfect fit for a fairway driver for my arm. It seems that no matter what if I am pulling the FD2v3 out I am going to end up parked. I threw it 3 times in my round yesterday at a course I have been dreaming about throwing it on and every one of the was within 15' of the basket. I have never felt so comfortable hitting gaps with a driver. Quickly becoming the most thrown disc in my bag!

IDK what it is about this disc but I think I finally found the perfect fit for a fairway driver for my arm. It seems that no matter what if I am pulling the FD2v3 out I am going to end up parked. I threw it 3 times in my round yesterday at a course I have been dreaming about throwing it on and every one of the was within 15' of the basket. I have never felt so comfortable hitting gaps with a driver. Quickly becoming the most thrown disc in my bag!

My thoughts 1:1

Latest posts