• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] FD2 - retooled

Definitely not losing any of their overstability yet. Still loving them, so I keep buying more backups. Then the stock run is gonna come out in a couple months and I'll *have* to buy some of those, smh...

Overstability? What colors? I recevied two of them and was extremely dissapointed. Mine almost flew just like my FD. couldnt believe how flippy they were.

Definitely not losing any of their overstability yet. Still loving them, so I keep buying more backups. Then the stock run is gonna come out in a couple months and I'll *have* to buy some of those, smh...

I'd say the stability on my pink one is about the same as when it was fresh, but it seems to want to hold straight just a tiny bit longer before dipping into its fade. I'm still working on form/distance (I max out at around 330' with my FD2v3), but I just can't imagine anyone describing this disc as flippy. I'd be very curious to know how far people are throwing it to make it act flippy...

How are your Royal Rages beating in so far? Any updated thoughts on the new mold?

I bag my pink one and it's tough as nails. Has taken some hard tree hits and the rim is holding up really well. I get good flip up on forehand shots, but it always fades hard at the end of the flight. Backhand, it flies true to my release angle with the same hard fade. I'm happy about the durability, but if I'm being honest I was hoping to replace my FD with a beat in RR because the rim is so much more comfortable.

I've been using a pink 175g since it's release for my FH drives and approaches. I play a lot of wooded courses and it has hit quite a few trees in it's time and it's starting to show it's battle scars. But it's still go that stability and dump that I loved whenever I first threw it. If anything, I'd say it's got more glide now because it's getting beaten in.

Like a few of you mentioned, I'm hoping that I can get this one really beat in and then put a fresh one in the bag as well.

I'd say the stability on my pink one is about the same as when it was fresh, but it seems to want to hold straight just a tiny bit longer before dipping into its fade. I'm still working on form/distance (I max out at around 330' with my FD2v3), but I just can't imagine anyone describing this disc as flippy. I'd be very curious to know how far people are throwing it to make it act flippy...

I've thrown one of the 2 that I got, it's 172g and the flattest one I could find in the shop. My distance with it is similar to yours and would say it flies about -1/2. I notice considerable lateral movement with mine. It's not flippy but it's not as OS as I'd like to compliment my FDs.

Took it out for a test drive again last week and can't find a place in my bag for it.

Overstability? What colors? I recevied two of them and was extremely dissapointed. Mine almost flew just like my FD. couldnt believe how flippy they were.

I have blues and oranges, mainly max weight (I have one blue 167g, but haven't thrown it much). Definitely more overstable than the FDs in my bag. If I'm throwing them flat they'll have a tiny bit of turn before fading back; if I'm hyzerflipping them they'll flip up to flat but won't turn over at all. Both my FDs and Royal Rages average between 340-360, but the RRs will always end up right of the FDs (throwing LHBH).

I've talked a lot of **** about the botched release of this disc, but it still stands that this combination is my best One-Two punch fairway combo. They can cover everything I need for workhorse duties, forehand and backhand.

The disc on the right is a well seasoned flat Eagle L.

Attachments

• 26210C86-B5DD-4913-9414-FEBB453F6EFE.jpg
    26210C86-B5DD-4913-9414-FEBB453F6EFE.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 67
dDJBjeu.jpg

Stock run FD2 v3 in C-line, grabbed a flat one from the store this morning.
I havent ever held the Royal rages but the vendor told me these stocks seem to have just slightly higher shoulder and stability compared to those.

dDJBjeu.jpg

Stock run FD2 v3 in C-line, grabbed a flat one from the store this morning.
I havent ever held the Royal rages but the vendor told me these stocks seem to have just slightly higher shoulder and stability compared to those.

That's interesting, RR didn't make my bag for OS fairway to compliment my FD. I like the profile and feel but was looking for a little more beef. Might have to grab one of these, recent champion plastic has been good stuff.

I grabbed a green 175 and red 172
Both are more os than my RR. The RR will flip to flat and ride straight before a healthy fade, full power I can push it to 320ft.
The c-line holds even the slightest hyzer. Resists torque and oat very well on forehands.
That orange one looks nice. Probably gonna wait till my local brick and mortar gets them to go pick out the most flat one.
The ones I got online are not as flat as the RR but wouldn't really say that they have a dome. More like a slight shoulder.

Interested to see if that dome starts to creep into the production line ones. I don't mind a dome personally, but comparing those early McBeth TeeBird3s with the more recent runs makes me wonder - the early ones were board flat, and more recently ALL 3-mold discs seem to have been rushed through the cooling process or something, slight domes on everything.

I will say that my RR is crazy flat and I don't require that much flatness by any means.

Nice. I thought that the color glows were too flat and it was effecting the high speed stability. Should push the glide out a bit as well.
When these finally come out here, I'm going to order a TL3 as well to compare and possibly pair.

That Production run looks really good. I little more HSS is what this slot needed. And that looks like the good champ plastic. Well time to sell more discs to make room for a stack

Nice. I thought that the color glows were too flat and it was effecting the high speed stability. Should push the glide out a bit as well.
When these finally come out here, I'm going to order a TL3 as well to compare and possibly pair.

Been throwing the stock run a bit now.
They are more stable than RR and 2nd run OOTB. Interesting to see how they start to break in. These will definitely be a good replacement for those 2nd run fd:s.

Also had some field testing today with mine.
350' sandy field, wind was coming from random directions at around 12 mph.

This c-line felt noticeably tackier than my old slick c-line FD.

To accompany the FD2(175g) I selected drivers from my bag: star Teebird(175g), c-line FD(171g), plasma Volt(175g), neutron Lift(168g) and proton Wrath(169g).

Very quickly I noticed that FD2 combined great stability with good glide, definetly more stable than FD, Volt or Lift.

With my noodle arm the disc felt slightly more stable than my somewhat beat Teebird, lines were closest to the Wrath, straight with the hardest rips and then hefty fade in the end.

So after using the RR for 4ish months now I can say it's the perfect disc for my forehand. Flicks for 300' almost dead straight with very little right to left and just a slight right finish. Loving it for the feel and the flight. Now I just wish I had more time to get out and use it more often.

Latest posts