• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] FD2

I wonder why D-FD's aren't available in the States.. I'm sure they would be understable. I also wonder why doesn't Discmania produce FD's in P-line plastic, I think it would make more sense than D-line. Maybe it's just for having a beginner friendly option price and stability-wise.

Gotta Go Gotta Throw had some x-out D-FDs back before Xmas. Haven't checked in awhile to see if they're still available.

a. I'd like a D line FD, so it could beat in. C-FDs take forever.

b. If 2 means, "what we really intended," as with the TD, I'd hope for something less beefy than a C-FD, that really had a glide factor of 6.

This is a new release that i'll definitely be trying out. Discmania has some really solid molds in their lineup.

I would do bad things to people to get my hands on either D FD's or P FD's if those existed. S lines take a lot of abuse before they think about being understable

I would do bad things to people to get my hands on either D FD's or P FD's if those existed. S lines take a lot of abuse before they think about being understable

P-FDs would be a dream come true.

FD-2.. who knows. Could be new parts, could be a frakenmold.

Could be an FD top on a Teebird wing, you know, while we're speculatin'..

I have two hopes for this disc:

1) It is different enough from a C-FD to really be a new mold.
2) The inevitable CFR pre-release and the production run fly the same.

It's hard to tell what speed it is from the picture, but I'll venture to guess that it's faster than the speed 7 FD, in keeping with the "2" theme. It just seems that they would be encroaching on old CD territory with that.
I will definitely be paying attention to this.

That seems like it would make sense, maybe it'll fly similar to a beat in PD. God I'd love that...all that wonderfullness without the work.

I'm guessing a saint pro/predator kinda disc, maybe a little less fade mut really hss. My guess is 8/4/0/3, like a slower PD.

The rim seems to be bigger than fd's, could be mistaken.
If Jussi says it will be overstable, that is my answer. :gross:

Psst... Secretly hopin' for a slower Firebird... :clap:

I have used few D-FDs in the past, they were super flippy as new and thus I lost them quite soon in one stupid downhill hole...

Ot took about one season to get S-FD to season to perfection with my infrequent throwing, and it was still nothing compared to d-line.

Oh, cool. That pretty much what I thought they might put out next. So, a little slower firebird? I will definitely try one out, although I am not sure how much room there is between a very stable C-FD (I think the 2nd run ones are most stable, some people call them mini-firebirds) and a C-PD.

But the more discs there is to try out, the better the chances of finding one you like.

Also, "more understable FD" makes no sense to me, even the S-lines beat in fast enough, not to mention the D-lines (hard to get in the US I know). There is no P-TD either, so I don't know if there is something that makes molding certain discs in Pro plastic more difficult. Especially the old softer P-line would be super tasty in almost any DM mold.

Jussi just responded to me on the Twitterverse that it's supposed to be overstable.

Do you think his wording of "May the spring comes fast" is a hint of a May release date for the FD2? That would seem like a long lead time from the first posted picture.

it really is a hard guess. they are missing 2 slots (maybe 3) in their fairway lineup...both OS and US......they need that in their mids too (I have all 3 and they all fly straight nuts with varying degrees of glide...actually their glide seems to go up with the number when I think about it). I would think that the OS fairway slot would be more key to address since a FD cant be truly OS but can be worked to US. But we will see..

I think there will be an April release with CFRs from Hero or DGV coming a month or two before.

Latest posts