• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] FD2

I'm seriously pumped for this disc. If it is similar to a seasoned Firebird I'm gonna be a super happy camper.

Well i can say for sure that these are NOT 2nd run FDs. They are much more overstable. When thrown flat, they hold a good line and have a good pronounced fade

They are close to a beat 11x firebird IMO

All the high speed stability, with good low speed stability

If this is true it may have a chance to push predators out of my bag.

I'm late to the party here but what I'm reading about this disc makes me think of CFR PD's. I didn't order and FD2's with my order the other day but I did pick up a few more CFR PD's to add to my collection. If these FD2's turn out to be similar a production model for that slot would be nice to have.

Definitely interested to read the reviews once people start throwing them.

yes.

two completely different animals.

s-line jackal throws and looks like a beefy leopard/seasoned teebird.

2nd run C-line throws like a banshee/new teebird and looks like a FAF firebird.

3rd run C-line is JL and they look more like their S-line counterpart and have a tad more of the intended turn.
Great description. :thmbup:

The 1st and 3rd run C-lines are similar to the actual intended flight of the FD, but the 2nd runs were always much more HSS and LSS than intended. The variation of the 2nd run works as a great compliment to the 1st/3rd runs and S-line FD's. I expect the FD2 to be slightly less glidey than their S-line counterparts (as the 2nd runs are) and have a predictable fade (also as the 2nd runs are). Distance potential sounds like it may be slightly less than the FD, which is completely fine with me since that would make it more of a true fairway. As they say, the FD is sneaky long and sometimes that makes it a little tough to range.

I'm late to the party here but what I'm reading about this disc makes me think of CFR PD's. I didn't order and FD2's with my order the other day but I did pick up a few more CFR PD's to add to my collection. If these FD2's turn out to be similar a production model for that slot would be nice to have.

Definitely interested to read the reviews once people start throwing them.

I believe these are considerably slower than PDs.

It's likely more HSS than an Eagle X. Even my beat 2nd run has less turn than a fresh Eagle. It's laser beam straight with the slightest bit of forward fade.

For sure, but my CFR PD's feel a lot slower than my regular PD's so thought maybe they'll end up being pretty close and filling a similar role. I dunno.

I think the CFRs are faster than your regular PD. Especially your P line or 2nd Run S Line.

This is the best shot I could get

2nd Run FD-1st Run FD2
IMAG0373_zpsbxmwqmv6.jpg

This is one of my favorite discs that I've thrown in a long time. It's exactly what I've always wanted a fairway driver to do: go straight, fade. Pretty similar to 2nd run FDs. Before I threw the FD2 I would either throw a roc extra hard, or power down a teebird or pd. Now I have the perfect disc to throw from 400 ft and under and can use my teebirds for everything above that.
If you have a lot of power it flies like a slower jolly launcher teebird. I'm really excited for everyone to be able to try this thing.

I haven't ordered one, probably waiting for production runs for now, but can those who have had a chance to throw them chime in about the high speed stability? I'm wondering if its spot on zero or perhaps a hint of turn or what.

Very interesting wing, looks like nothing Ive seen yet. Very high PLH too.

Can't wait. Should be the epitome of predictability. #placingorderonthursdaymeansshippingonfridaymeansarrivalonmondaytheearliest ughhh

I haven't ordered one, probably waiting for production runs for now, but can those who have had a chance to throw them chime in about the high speed stability? I'm wondering if its spot on zero or perhaps a hint of turn or what.

The one I've thrown is 0. I've got it to turn on my terribly oaty fh

Just got mine in the mail. Other than the notch on the top, the wing doesn't look really any different than an FD.

Hmm, very intrigued by this disc. I will wait until they're production runs, but definitely gonna pick up a couple to try

I got my two in on Saturday. But was in a wedding this weekend so I wasn't able to get any throws in.
I'm going to go play this afternoon. I'll be able to test just how stable they are, we have gust over 40mph today with constant winds of 25-35 all day. Going to be fun lol

got my order in today.

the fd2 looks and feels VERY similar to the 2nd run c-line.

the only difference that I could see was tiniest pronunciation of the DM anhyzer top, instead of the pretty even/FAF top of the 2nd run.

if I close my eyes I can't tell the difference.

don't know about flight yet, seeing as I have a large stock of 2nd runs I won't have to find out for a while.

Latest posts