• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] FD2

why would they release a glow in winter? so many people will avoid it i feel like. not many people will be able to throw them right away. well you can but its not smart to

tried out my fd2 today and yesterday. pretty sick but im still doubting it will be able to handle heavy winds that my ti stalkers could.

great for flicks and bh. decent fade. i dig it. just hoping it holds up in winds so i can bag the fd/fd2 combo!!

Has anyone beat the FD2 up any? I'm really curious how it flys beat up.
I've got one that I've beaten in pretty well, but it was pretty OS to begin with. It's definitely straightened out a bit and I'm getting more distance on it. It is also more workable, but hasn't given up much (if any) HSS. At this point it's basically a slightly slower/shorter 2nd run FD.

I've got one that I've beaten in pretty well, but it was pretty OS to begin with. It's definitely straightened out a bit and I'm getting more distance on it. It is also more workable, but hasn't given up much (if any) HSS. At this point it's basically a slightly slower/shorter 2nd run FD.

Has it started to flip over or is it just fading less? Has it gotten any glide?

Has it started to flip over or is it just fading less? Has it gotten any glide?
Not flipping at all. It's one of the Euro Masters fundraiser discs, which was a pretty big meathook when it started out. Now I can put it out on a hard, straight anny line and it will always fight back, just not with as much dumpy fade as it used to have. And more glide for sure.

what color and what is the profile like?

I have some of the red euro masters as well as blue first runs.

Never gotten around to throwing an Fd2 since I've got a stash of 2nd runs.

Curious if there is discernible difference between the slightly domey ones and the flat ones.

Red Euro Masters. I can check the profile against my First Run FD2's and let you know. I have a couple of pink ones that fly less OS than the fundraiser.

so basically if worst comes to worst....

the FD/FD2 combo should be an easy transition from my current FD/2nd runFD combo?

With the FD2 having a larger fade initially when compared side by side to a fresh second run. After throwing the FD2 last summer and all winter I don't have a need for a second run FD anymore.

Curious if there is discernible difference between the slightly domey ones and the flat ones.
I checked it out and my Euro Masters is more flat with a SLIGHTLY lower PLH than my pink First Run FD2. Pink one is a little more stable.
so basically if worst comes to worst....

the FD/FD2 combo should be an easy transition from my current FD/2nd runFD combo?
I'd say so. I recently tossed a 2nd run FD back in my bag and the FD2 is just a tick slower than the FD. And like DinosaurThunder said, the FD2 will have a larger fade than a fresh 2nd run FD, but definitely a comparable disc for sure.

Im intrigued by this mold after reading some of the thread. Ive basically reduced my fairway/control setup to various PDs and a firebird.
So if i carried a FaF ch FB (utility) a G* FB (overstable but longer than the FaF) and a Seasoned CPD (much longer than FBs with dependable hss and fade) where would this mold fit?
Doesnt seem like id have a real need for it, but i am intrigued.

seems like it would be a control driver when distance isn't necessarily the biggest factor.

It's a great deal slower than PD's if others describe the FD2 being slower and more over stable than 2nd run FDs.

IDK TBH

I do think there is definitely room for speed 7 fairways (really any of them) with FBs and PDs.

Here is a quote from Ryan Rintala about the FD2 and the Discmania lineup (taken from facebook group)

"one great thing about Discmania Discs is that you can basically get the same flight all the way up the board. I'm talking straight to overstable flight from Fairways all the way up to the high speed drivers. It allows you to develop your arm speed and step right up to a new disc. for example master the FD2 move up to the PD then the DD and finally the PD2. The same for the FD to the CD2 and then DD2."

I think it sums it up. It will have the same overstability but shorter distances and you can disc your way up in distance
What do you guys think about this thought?

It is very much predictable not only in the shape of its flight but the range too. It is slow and OS enough to never overshoot the mark. Like when there is an OB line I want to get close to but not cross (thinking island hole last point inbounds on the 'mainland') or long hyzer approaches that midranges might not reach unless really cranked

The more I think about how awesome an S-line FD2 would be, the more I want it to become real! There would be so much potential molded in S-line.

edit had reasoning typed up but it didn't submit with the first line. Will explain my rationale later.

Last edited:

Latest posts