• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fehringer Ranch Park Littleton, Colorado

Well, I see that this course finally has an opening date of june 30th. Does this mean all the concrete is in and it will be good to go? Anyone?

I'll be in town there next week and I might try to get by and play it.

There is a work day this Saturday June 28th, 2014 All day. Concrete needs to be poured for about 5 locations, tee pads need to be compacted further (due to rain), Thistle needs to be cut down, fairways need to be cleaned up of debris, and much more.

Grass is extremely long and there's a huge punch list left to do, not sure if it'll be ready by the 30th. It really depends on how many volunteers we get.

Fehringer Ranch Planning Meeting
June 22nd, 2015 @ 5:30
3624 South Kipling Street Denver, CO 80235.

Open for everyone to attend. We will be discussing 2015 development plans and many other topics.

Fehringer Ranch Planning Meeting
January 22nd, 2015 @ 5:30
3624 South Kipling Street Denver, CO 80235.

Open for everyone to attend. We will be discussing 2015 development plans and many other topics.

Updated, the correct month

Meeting is at the Foothills park and rec building (green roof) in the Schafer parking lot at the baseball fields, east of the putt putt course.

Hope to see you there!

Any chance we could get a recap on the meeting? I'm curious if there are any plans to address the teepads. They seem exceedingly dangerous and certainly poorly conceived. I should know, I went to the planning meeting at the course before the installation and expressed my concerns over the teepad material to the course designer/foothills parks and rec gentleman. He said that concrete is not considered a very "green" material. Which is ridiculous, but anyway, he also stipulated that the master plan still has a giant rec center facility going in where the disc golf course is. Therefore, the course was being viewed as semi-temporarily permanent lol

We brought up the issue of the tee pads and trust me it is something that i want to have fixed ASAP.

The manufacturer said he was going to come out and actually fix the tee pads for us. That being said we are going to wait to see what they look like when fixed and cured correctly before replacing with concrete or another material.

Reminder that Fehringer Ranch will be closed April 19th - May 4th. Baskets will be pulled to help the native grass recover and to perform some course maintenance.

We need volunteers during this closure to help with some on going projects out at the course. If you're interested in being involved please contact Mike Hanson ([email protected]) or Sean Kitners ([email protected]).

Right now we are looking at adding 10-12 secondary pin placements. These new locations will be installed on April 25th. If you have some ideas on where you'd like to see second pin locations email them to Sean or Mike at Foothills. The best locations will be taken in to consideration at the next design charrette. Also look at some possible locations for a second tee pad as not all pins will have secondary placements.

Your designs are due by April 20th to be considered.

Projects:
Tee Pads will be fixed. The manufacture plans to have a crew out there to fix the tee pads with new Stalok mixture.
Driving Net - Eagle Scout project will go along the gravel road in between the practice basket and Hole 1 tee pad.
Weed Control - Some spraying will take place by FHPR maintenance

Volunteer Projects:
Trash clean up - Along fence of the property and road, in the dry ditch and the ditch along 15, 16, 17.
Tree maintenance - Some fallen tree debris needs to be removed.
Practice Basket - Pull and re-set properly
Practice Basket - Distance markers/pavers (10', 15', 20', 25', 30', 40')
Bridge - The bridge that was done on 17 needs to have the boards pulled and supports added. Ramp also needs to be filled to be level with the top.
17 - Pole for signage needs to be installed at tee pad locations

DRod, thanks for the update, and putting in your time to improve your local DG scene. I'll be in town there mid-May and am hoping to play FR for the first time.