• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Feldberg on ESPN's First Take???

The connan clip was funny. He did a pretty good job of making it look not lame.

hmmm i just got this e-mail from ESPN:

Dear James,

ESPN's policy does not allow us to accept for review or consideration any ideas, suggestions, or creative materials not solicited by us or our subsidiaries.

Sincerely,

Patrick
ESPN Viewer Response

i guess it' won't happen..oh well i tried!

Dear James,

ESPN's policy does not allow us to accept for review or consideration any ideas, suggestions, or creative materials not solicited by us or our subsidiaries.

Sincerely,

Patrick
ESPN Viewer Response

that seems harsh

Dear James,

Sincerely,

Patrick
ESPN Viewer Response

Huh? so only if we have the idea, or someone we own has the idea, will we consider it...
well its back to watching worlds strongest man 2006 ... i wonder if MetRX still pays for the rescreenings:?

I liked both of those clips. I thought the the Cold Pizza one was better but only because Conan reminded me of Robin Williams at the beginning of the clip: annoyingly hyper without being funny at all. And I usually like Conan.

Huh? so only if we have the idea, or someone we own has the idea, will we consider it...

Pretty sure they do that so they don't have to end up paying royalties or "idea rights" to whoever suggested it.

I sent a menu suggestion to Chik-Fil-A years ago (for a spicy chicken sandwich, which they now have). They responded and told me that due to "legal ramifications", they must stick to a long-standing policy of not "accepting, considering, or paying compensation for any unsolicited ideas, suggestions or materials from our customers". Therefore, my question was forwarded to whoever replied to me, and "no one with decision-making responsibilities with regard to any subject matter related to your submission reviewed it or otherwise has knowledge that we received it".

Dear James,

Sincerely,

Patrick
ESPN Viewer Response

Plant the seed higher up??? Disney??? ABC???

I sent a similar letter to the Dan Patrick Show. Half the content from their show comes from listener ideas. Chip Kelly (Oregon Head Football Coach) is a regular guest on the DP show and they talk a lot of ducks sports. DP's studios are in Connecticut so I also mentioned that if the Feldberg interview got a positive response they should send McLovin to cover the Vibram Open next year.

I got no response. :(

I sent a similar letter to the Dan Patrick Show. Half the content from their show comes from listener ideas. Chip Kelly (Oregon Head Football Coach) is a regular guest on the DP show and they talk a lot of ducks sports. DP's studios are in Connecticut so I also mentioned that if the Feldberg interview got a positive response they should send McLovin to cover the Vibram Open next year.

I got no response. :(
I thought his radio show is in NYC since he last "the mother ship"?

Yeah, Dave just responded to me on Facebook saying he would be "Stoked" to do it. Sadly, i send him a reply quoting what ESPN sent me (posts # 7 and # 23 above). I told him maybe the affiliate in Eugene,OR (102.9 i think it is) or Innova could make a request. IDK. I just thought it would be cool to get some props for DG along with a little Oregon Duck angle. Maybe someone else could step in and get the "disc" rolling.

I think the way to allow the media to pretend an idea is theirs is to issue press releases either from a player's agent or an org like his club in Oregon or the PDGA. Then, they read the press release that "David Feldberg, top rated disc golfer, former World Champ and coach of the Oregon Ducks disc golf team will be hosting a disc golf clinic on campus, Jan 7th, open to students and the public. He then travels with Oregon Duck teammates, Billy Hyzer and Danny Putzer, to the BCS Championship game to cheer his alma mater to a national title."

As short and simple as this seems, it's these type of "press releases" that agents send to media outlets all the time keeping them apprised of where their "star" clients are headed. The fact that media outlets get these about people they've never heard of actually creates their media persona when a media person says maybe there's something about this dude we should check out.

How much fun would it be to throw disc into a crowd like the one on Conan, suprised there isnt a thread about a conan aviar that is super rare making it fly so much better and worth more than any other.

I wish I was good enough to nail putts with a screaming crowd and a ton of waiving arms between me and the basket.

Latest posts