• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finally First Ace!!

Disc Golf Greg

Par Member
So happy I nailed it with a Champion Valkyrie that I bought the same day I hit the Ace. It was a shorter hole but who cares it was still legit. As soon as I let go of the Disc I knew it had a chance, then I was like "Damn this disc is going to hit the basket for sure!!" and then it just rang the chains super loud.

I was alone on the course so nobody was cheering haha but still such an awesome moment. I retired the Disc because it's my first Ace and because of the fact that I bought it the same day, probably won't retire anymore but who knows for sure.

why retire the disc? You paid money for a disc, made one lucky shot with it, and that's enough use for you to never throw it again? keep tossing it, get your money's worth, more aces will come and you'll wonder why you ever thought about retiring a disc because of one ace.

congrats by the way, just don't take it out on the disc, they are meant to fly.

I am going to say this and leave to avoid the debate, but an ace is your first throw off the tee pad. If it is a 99 foot hole, it is still an ace, but it is not very braggable. (some would still call this a cubby ace, but I think a cubby ace is an ace made during a throw off the tee pad that is not your first throw)

So happy I nailed it with a Champion Valkyrie that I bought the same day I hit the Ace. It was a shorter hole but who cares it was still legit. As soon as I let go of the Disc I knew it had a chance, then I was like "Damn this disc is going to hit the basket for sure!!" and then it just rang the chains super loud.

I was alone on the course so nobody was cheering haha but still such an awesome moment. I retired the Disc because it's my first Ace and because of the fact that I bought it the same day, probably won't retire anymore but who knows for sure.

Funny.... I also nailed my first ace with a disc I bought the same day.... Champion Coyote.:)

Congrats.

The hole was about 200 feet and it was first toss off the tee, I was able to write a 1 on the scorecard.:D

Congrats! I know the feeling as I just got my first two Ace's of my career last summer! It's a shame nobody was around to enjoy the moment with you :)

The basket was straight in front of me 200 feet or so out but there was one tree tucked to the left of it and it's not too big or too small so it kills so many Ace opportunity's when you wanna go left and have it fade right and go in the basket. I'm left handed too, so the preferred throw is LHFH there are no obstacles that route. But instead I went LHBH with a little anhyzer so it wouldn't go right of the basket. Turns out I had the perfect amount of anhyzer and height on the throw and at the end of the throw the disc faded right and hit the center of the chains.

Last edited:
ACE

I just got my first ACE last weekend!
It was at Duke Foundation DGC in Piqua, OH.
Hole number 5.

Not a very long par 3 about 150 ft or so but its through an alley of trees with about 15 feet between rows of huge pine trees. Faded right then left, skipped off the ground and right in the basket!

:D Ace today!

Today I took out my basket and made my usual 9 hole course around my neighborhood and park. On the 9th hole I aced it with my Challenger putter. It's roughly 145 ft. across a creek to the basket. No real dangerous hazards but there are trees, a walking path, a highway and a creek that could all come into play. The highway would take a terrible terrible shot! Once I get my pics uploaded I'll post one up here!

im waiting my turn to make this thread...congrats

Congrats, on the Ace. I just got my first ace last week and it was nice to write a "1" on my score card. Yeah, I guess the longer the drive makes the ace all the more worth while. If I ace'd a 325' hole that would have been fantastic, but mine was only 208'. But still a ace.

Latest posts