• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finding Discs: Proper Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last disc I had a chance to return, the guy was great and nice to me. Came and picked the disc up from me during my next round dressed in classy work clothes (definitely not what I expected) and gave drinks to everyone on my card (nonalcoholic, underaged = :thmbdown:). I'll keep calling the numbers just because of nice guys like him. For every 10 douches, there has to be at least one pretty cool guy who loses a disc. If they're a douchey, ehh maybe next time I'll find a cooler person.

If you found a valuable disc (what could sell for $50+) in excellent condition but had a number on it, would you call?

I try to return everything. Recently I found a disc and called the number. The owner said he was busy but would call me back. I got home and showered and the guy called and asked if he could come to my house and get it. He had just moved in to the neighborhood two blocks away. He stopped by and ended up buying $40 worth of plastic. I guess it was about an hour from the 1st contact and made me some $$$$.

Last disc I had a chance to return, the guy was great and nice to me. Came and picked the disc up from me during my next round dressed in classy work clothes (definitely not what I expected) and gave drinks to everyone on my card (nonalcoholic, underaged = :thmbdown:). I'll keep calling the numbers just because of nice guys like him. For every 10 douches, there has to be at least one pretty cool guy who loses a disc. If they're a douchey, ehh maybe next time I'll find a cooler person.

If you found a valuable disc (what could sell for $50+) in excellent condition but had a number on it, would you call?

IF you have a collectors disc and you write on it, its not worth $50 no mo.

I try to return everything. Recently I found a disc and called the number. The owner said he was busy but would call me back. I got home and showered and the guy called and asked if he could come to my house and get it.

i was disappointed when this story didn't end in freaky swinger sex

I've found and returned many discs (Found many more than returned - Lack of contact info).

I've met people at the course (1/2 mile from my house) and had a few tell me thanks for the call but keep it. I usually keep a box of found discs in the van because I've meet a few people at random.
I keep them for awhile and post info on our local DG Forum - After a while most get given away.

Played in a tourney a couple years and ended up on the same card with a guy whose name seemed kind of familiar but I wasn't sure why. After the round I went to van and saw the box of lost discs, flipped through it and there was a Pro Orc with his name. Returned it to him and he had lost it about 6 months earlier, He had changed phone numbers in the time period. Small world.

Called a number on the back of another disc and asked the girl that answered if the guy (name on disc) was home. Boy did I get an earful! It was her ex-boyfriend who she had apparently caught with someone else and wasn't happy about hearing his name. She finally calmed down but man was she ticked at first. I ended up giving that one away.

Found a 2002 CE Roc at Rotary Park a few years ago - Owner was happy to get that back.

Have met many of the other locals because of a phone call from a lost disc.

I just wish I'd get a few of mine returned! 6 years playing - 12 discs lost!

By the legal definition, a thrown object that cannot be found is misplaced. According to the laws/courts, it is all about intent.

ITs NOT misplaced, discarded or forgotten!!!!! ITs knowing you lost something and walking away cause joe smith your partner is tired of helping you look and you decide to play hole 4 instead of hanging around and finding your disc..

THATS RIGHT....leave it....someone might find it and call the number. Leave it to them to find your disc.

BS.....if its that important to you, FIND YOUR DISC....if you pay attention, you will see with in 20 ft of where it landed. Water is another animal.

HAHAHAHA....try explaining to the cops that a disc that it is anothers guys bag is yours...even if it does have your name on it all he has to do is cross it out or tell the cop that you guys traded...it is his word against yours....some people on this website really make me laugh

This argument could be applied to anything stolen. If you are concerned about it, you should get a bill of sale.

Really, though, due to the low value of discs, it is unlikely you'd get any help from police.

This argument could be applied to anything stolen. If you are concerned about it, you should get a bill of sale.

Really, though, due to the low value of discs, it is unlikely you'd get any help from police.

If the police are unwilling to do their job, (which in my town, they most likely will, they ticket for all kinds of BS in H.B.) I would take their badge #, make a formal complaint at the PD (which stays in their file permanently) that they were unwilling to do their duty.

And as far as the dude who thinks I would get arrested for goin' ape-sh*t on the cops, that ain't my style. I'm a grown @ss man & can control myself much better than most people. So, the above scenario would play out.

Shout out to the guy who called about my disc he found. I was in Minnesota this weekend and lost a disc in a tree. I live in Chicago... told him to keep it since mailing a mailer to get my disc back is probably more than the disc is worth.

ive heard that 9/10ths stuff but not really sure how that holds up

Shout out to the guy who called about my disc he found. I was in Minnesota this weekend and lost a disc in a tree. I live in Chicago... told him to keep it since mailing a mailer to get my disc back is probably more than the disc is worth.

This is why you carry a baseball in your bag

I just called a guy with a Florida area code to return his disc. He might want it back since it was found in Va by a former World Champ on his way to Vibram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts