• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finding Discs.

ceich2

I still seem too ponder the idea of people not writing their names on the discs they throw and probably care about. I find so many nice discs without peoples name n them that it amazes me. Also this thread is for telling what your finding at your courses!

I've never found anything good. I've lost good stuff i dont usually write my name on there tho....

None of the discs in my bag have my name on them, a few have my buddies' names on them though. I have also never lost a disc on a disc golf course.

not knocking the OP...this thread comes up about what? once a week?
and get's locked in what 2 days? less than?

I'll start it off by telling one of my greatest finds. My greatest finds was a Tye dye champion beast. I know it doesnt sound very cool but I was helping the guy look for it and he was beyond pissed about it and left. I asked if he had his name and number on it and he said he didnt and that if i found it to keep it and that i deserved it. So i looked for an hour or so more through the trees and creek. Nothing. Then went back later and searched for 20 minutes and found it sitting on the edge of the creek, a clear and red and purple Champion Beast. I was so happy!:thmbup:

I was swimming in a lake one time and a guy threw in an Augusta wraith. He asked me to look for it so I did but came up with nothing. I asked him if his number was on it. He said no. I asked him to leave me his number but he said if I could find it, it was mine and he left. Found it about 15 minutes later!

I have read that if one does not put one's information on one's disc, then when the disc is lost, then one does not have the false hope that it will be returned.

I still seem too ponder the idea of people not writing their names on the discs they throw and probably care about. I find so many nice discs without peoples name n them that it amazes me. Also this thread is for telling what your finding at your courses!

to the site

and don't get discouraged about the responses here. most of the people ripping on you did something similar when they joined (including me).

after 3 yrs of play here is my record:
Found 6 with info, returned 6
Total - found 12, lost 15
3 were returned to me

Last edited:
I had a run on blue dx Beasts last year. I found three of them, one at a time, 3 weekends in a row on different courses.

Star Valk
Star Katana
KC Pro Cheetah
Lat 64 Core
lots of DX stuff
Champion Dyed Groove - okay maybe they actually just left it, since I found it in an open field

The best one that I found with no name was a first run CE Eagle. I ran up and down the course looking for the owner, but no one on the course had lost one. I consider this a win, with my attempt to find the owner I also don't loose any of my karma points. :D

to the site

and don't get discouraged about the responses here. most of the people ripping on you did something similar when they joined (including me).

after 3 yrs of play here is my record:
Found 6 with info, returned 6
Total - found 12, lost 15
3 were returned to me

Indeed, welcome! We don't turn all the threads into troll fests, just some. Also, while I'll say "learn to use the search function", the search function is not very functional.

What always blows my mind is when people put their name but NOT their phone number on the disc?! That makes no sense to me at all, you took the time to inscribe your name on the inside rim but couldn't muster the required amount of energy to include your phone number? As if I'm supposed to know who Tom Johnson is and will of course know how to find you. Idiot.

What always blows my mind is when people put their name but NOT their phone number on the disc?! That makes no sense to me at all, you took the time to inscribe your name on the inside rim but couldn't muster the required amount of energy to include your phone number? As if I'm supposed to know who Tom Johnson is and will of course know how to find you. Idiot.

Maybe not an idiot.

Maybe a tournament player who had to put something to identify the disc, but didn't expect to lose it or care whether it came back if he did.

Besides, if I'm at a tournament and lose my disc, and it's found later in the tournament, a name is all it takes to get it back. And if a local club member loses a disc and another one finds it, just the name is enough. I've returned dozens of discs without even noticing whether the phone number is on them.

I've got my name and number on every disc in my bag in the hopes of getting them back if lost. I've actually gotten three back in the last month which two of them were lost four months ago.

As far as what I've found lately, a dx wolf(horrible disc) and a CE Teebird. Both had a name and number on them and both were returned.

I've got my name and number on every disc in my bag in the hopes of getting them back if lost. I've actually gotten three back in the last month which two of them were lost four months ago.

As far as what I've found lately, a dx wolf(*greatest disc ever created*) and a CE Teebird. Both had a name and number on them and both were returned.

Whoa there. Fixed it! It must have been a typo or auto correct. Glad I could help. Lol
Last week I found a CE hammer and returned it. I had never seen that disc before but the guy was trying to hug me when I returned it so it must be a pretty epic disc.

Last edited:
I always used to write my name, but after losing 5 discs and none being returned to me I stopped writing my name on them. It takes away value on the market and discs look better without my name plastered on it. If I actually had confidence in people returning discs I'd write my name still, but sadly usually the only people that return discs are the ones on this forum.

I've never had a disc returned. I find about 5 discs a year. I call and leave messages twice and if the person doesn't return my call I usually give it to a friend or someone just learning to play. At least 1/3 of the discs I find have no info written on them. My best find was an ESP BUZZZ.

Latest posts