• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finding the right frequency of play...

I play everyday, even when its raining. For me the burnout issue isnt getting bored with a particualr course its getting to sore to play. Once i started stretching and warming up properly that ceased to be an issue. Im a few years younger than you but unless you have any previous issues a proper warm up should keep you limber.

My only advice is to play when you feel like playing and don't play if you don't feel like playing.

Yeah, what he said...

Play as much as you like...when you like. Its the greatest sport on earth IMO :hfive:...I have never tired of playing, but I would stop if I did.

Just to let you know (Craftsman & BNM), I've just found a job getting $25 an hour. I also played every day while searching. I also was gainfully employed for 14 years before being let go from my old job, so I feel that I paid for the unemployment I used during this period.

On my original point, I've played every day since my OP, usually one round, never got hurt, and am going to play again....

Happy days are here again for me. I play daily and today I played my first after work round for 2013.
Playing daily is easy if there's a course nearby. I've been doing it for years and I'm an old guy. Turning 59 in April.

Warming up first really is good before just letting them rip. Playing catch if you are with a friend or do some 75' putts or something first. Walk and stretch some.

Just to let you know (Craftsman & BNM), I've just found a job getting $25 an hour. I also played every day while searching. I also was gainfully employed for 14 years before being let go from my old job, so I feel that I paid for the unemployment I used during this period.

On my original point, I've played every day since my OP, usually one round, never got hurt, and am going to play again....

Glad to hear it, hope the job and the time you put in on the course both work out favorably for you. :hfive:

Since I became more active in the local DG scene, I've been playing at least twice a week. Here lately I've kicked it up to 4-6 times a week. I don't notice any aches or pains that wern't there already. But what I have noticed are lower scores, and those putts that were always a "lucky putt" in the past are becoming more and more frequent.