• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finnish putting game

These measurements are from the center pole?

Seems like the way to go is a rope with meter markers that can be tied or clamped to any pole

These measurements are from the center pole?

Seems like the way to go is a rope with meter markers that can be tied or clamped to any pole

Thats how I measured, since thats how we measure the "circle" I have yet to make a rope, but that's the plan for my retriever.

My score tonight was my worst yet, but first time playing the game with genuine wind. I have it setup along side my house, which gave me swirling and unpredictable wind. My total average was %50, but I made %60 from 9m and %30 from 10. It seemed like it didn't matter which tee I was shooting from I could only make 2 or 3. The only time I went to the 10m tee other than the start was making 5 in a row from 9m, first time I have done that.

Loving the game, and finding my stroke again.

Put together my rope course today. Marked off a heavy rope with duct tape at the right spots, and used some old tent stakes for the ends. Worked like a charm, and I can run different lines in the yard. Big fan. Also, got 4 rounds in tonight, and stunk it up. Gotta work harder, I guess.

The Finnish Putting Game is lowering my self esteem

I've gone through those streaks as well. Nice thing now is I'm on a 3 day high in which I consecutively put up personal best rounds 3 days in a row. I know it will all come crashing down soon enough and i'll be in the gutter with you.

Seriously though, I love the fact that even looking at my longer term trends I'm spending MUCH more time at 8/9/10 than I did in the beginning. 8% is still my most visited range, but its been continuing to skew upwards.

@twocups

Something I noticed you might want to double check with Putz. I input the wrong score one round last night. When I "removed last score," that round was removed, but the distance didn't go back to the previous one, it remained where it was.

In other words, say in round 5 I make 3 from 9m, but input 2 made. When I remove last score, it goes back to round 5 and removes the points, but instead of showing round 5 from 9m it has it from 7m (based on the incorrect # of putts made.)

At least I think so. Just thought it would be worth a 2nd look.

Thanks again for the effort to you and the Fins, great tool!

Yeah I noticed that as well. What I did was:

Made 3 from 8m, I hit 4, put me at 9m, deleted that score, has me at 9m instead of 8m, input 3, delete that score, has me back at 8m.

Kind of confusing, but I hope that helps.

Yeah I noticed that as well. What I did was:

Made 3 from 8m, I hit 4, put me at 9m, deleted that score, has me at 9m instead of 8m, input 3, delete that score, has me back at 8m.

Kind of confusing, but I hope that helps.

Ah, OK, good thinking, I can manage that I think. (Or maybe in that case I'd just give myself the extra 8. ;))

This routine is doing wonders for my putting. I hardly ever practiced beyond about 22' because I had no confidence beyond that distance. This game has forced me to putt all the way back to 10m, and after three weeks I've gained some real confidence from the longer distances. My average is up to 545, with a lights-out (for me) high of 645.

I've noticed two things:

1. Wind messes with me something awful. I've had a lot of calm days with good scores, but with wind I'll drop into the 400's quickly.
2. I am actually missing a bit more from 6 and 7 meters. I am so tuned in to getting it to the basket on the longer putts that I'm over-throwing, then under-throwing the shorter distances. Oh, well...

Oh scratch that!

EVEN NEWER WORLD RECORD: 822 pts by Mr. Tapani Aulu.

I thought he was supposed to be at home looking after a baby?! 5 days a father and he's breaking world records. Way to make the rest of us feel inadequate ;)

That's insane. I've started doing this on my lunch hour at the local course. It's not exactly level ground near the practice basket, and the course is ALWAYS windy. So my scores haven't been great, but it's definitely re-teaching me how to putt in the wind. 382 average so far with a high of 415. My 9m and 10m scores are really bad.

Latest posts